The Post Your Own Music Thread

Vortex

Invader
Here is where us so called musicians can post our own home or studio recordings, demos, bootlegs etc.

Here are 4 songs written by me and performed by German Artist Wolfgang Deimel.
They are huge departure from the typical pub rock songs I write:

Winter Comes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ESWL2PTR8

"Who lives in your nightmares, who chases you in your dreams?"
My first ever recorded song.

Where I Wanna Be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjPZnrhFss

"There is a road ahead, it is calling out to me."
Yes, the gayass keyboard at the start is meant to be there.

Sea Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-N7yPdrnJE

"I'm lost in the fog but I'm free."
A little song about the sea.

Shortened Version Of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrrOi-UpYg

"Don't shake the box before you read"
A short piano piece.

The artist that performed and recorded these is mainly influenced by Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Neil Young, Beatles and Floyd.

great idea. Have a praise! I will post my new recordings soonish. I'm trying to make them sound good. I'm almost done with 2.

Nice initiative though I had already made a topic for my own recordings, and I reckon it's not forbidden for you guys to do that as well.

I guess until the time comes when I'm seriously and regularly recording tracks, I'll stay away from creating a thread of my own music for the time being.

For now, I'll post what I've been working on. It's more an exploration of what workflow is best for me and how best to use the hardware and software I have rather than actual songwriting I'm afraid :p

I'll post something within the next several hours.

I record today. I thought about making my own thread too, but this is just easier and it works as a nice database.

valacirca said:
I guess until the time comes when I'm seriously and regularly recording tracks, I'll stay away from creating a thread of my own music for the time being.

For now, I'll post what I've been working on. It's more an exploration of what workflow is best for me and how best to use the hardware and software I have rather than actual songwriting I'm afraid :p

I'll post something within the next several hours.

Here's my recent attempt at something listenable :p

TwentySeven

that's an intresting song. Very nice recording sound.

This is a song I wrote about a year ago. Decided to record it first since I like it a lot. It's about 7 minutes (I have longer songs) and it is part of a trilogy of songs. The second one is almost done. There are no lyrics and I have been calling it "The Train" for a reason I can't remember. Anyway, here it is, excuse the poor audio quality.

The Train

EDIT: I forgot to mention there isn't a drum track because I don't know how to get a drum midi or macine software. Any suggestions?

^ Submersible has a free version of their Drumcore product, which is what I use. It's very basic, but is still pretty decent and surely better than nothing :)

valacirca said:
Here's my recent attempt at something listenable :p

TwentySeven

Can certainly hear a Maiden influence on this track, reminds me off something from IM or Killers. Love the meaty bass.
The Knife Master said:
that's an intresting song. Very nice recording sound.

This is a song I wrote about a year ago. Decided to record it first since I like it a lot. It's about 7 minutes (I have longer songs) and it is part of a trilogy of songs. The second one is almost done. There are no lyrics and I have been calling it "The Train" for a reason I can't remember. Anyway, here it is, excuse the poor audio quality.

The Train

EDIT: I forgot to mention there isn't a drum track because I don't know how to get a drum midi or macine software. Any suggestions?

Some pretty awesome riffs in amongst all that clutter. Needs alot of cleaning up and fine tuning. Get yourself a good mixing program like Acid Pro or Multitrack Studio, cheers.

Vortex said:
Some pretty awesome riffs in amongst all that clutter. Needs alot of cleaning up and fine tuning. Get yourself a good mixing program like Acid Pro or Multitrack Studio, cheers.
yea i'm working on that. It has improved from when I started though, the first time I recorded it was extremely distorted and unlistenable.

^ Reaper is a great free Digital Audio Workstation where one can mix stuff easily :)

Vortex said:
Can certainly hear a Maiden influence on this track, reminds me off something from IM or Killers. Love the meaty bass.
Thanks! There's certainly a Maiden influence since this new "project" I'm undertaking is one where I create instrumental tracks built around elements from the band's tunes. I'm hoping to do it in such a way that it sounds like I'm wearing the Iron Maiden influence on my sleeve but not so much that it sounds like I'm plagiarizing.

I wanted to include a fuzz backing track for the second half of the song I posted above, but I'm recording via DI and recording distorted guitars via DI sounds terrible, so I'll have to go the Amp --> Mic route for that, which I don't have the resources for for now.

valacirca said:
^ Reaper is a great free Digital Audio Workstation where one can mix stuff easily :)
yea I tried that didn't like it much. I think my biggest problem is I don't have a microphone.

Here is another one. It is part two and was VERY hard to record. There were too many differences and I had to make multiple guitar parts.
The Knife Master

Back