The Post Your Own Music Thread

Nice, Eric Wright. Classical music isn't what one could find too often in here.

Another one of mine, I like the solos this time.

thanks Eric - i think your music will sound good when recorded with real instruments!

Phantom of the Opera would be a good cover

@Saapanael Haha at first I thought I would be listening to a Pink Floyd cover or something looking at the title. I also really like the solos on this, nice work.

Yeah, the synthesized instruments sound ugly but once I've refined some of the counterpoint in some areas I'll post a soundcloud recording with real instruments (me on the cello and a friend of mine playing the piano). XD

I've actually learned bits of Phantom of the Opera on my instrument, although Davey's slow harmonized solo is really tricky.

Oh really. I actually thought about adding it to the end as an outro but dropped the idea and went with "dun-dun-dun *pause* dun-dun-dun".

@Innerdream, great midpiece. Superb build-up and solo! Best solo I heard this year by any artist, 100% The way the you go (or better: flow) back to the main theme via the angelic/bombastic synths is really neat. My fav track of yours for sure. :notworthy:
@The Mid-Distance Runner : cool to hear some work of yours again! It's an oldy though? But new to us I guess?
We've come from somewhere in time
Good stuff. The harmonic riffs in the couplets also reminds me of IE! Good chorus and skullsplitting solo! :edmetal:
@Saapanael
Nice touch in the calm parts! Rhythm guitars class as always. Again good feel in the solos. You might have skipped a few notes but the feeling is there and that's what matters (to me at least). Also nice that you do some own additions in it. Great sound. Some weird vocals at the end....! Which version was this?

Last edited:
The first note of Tipton's solo (3:07) was a mistake but didn't feel like re-recording the whole thing. Yes, I changed some places here and there, especially the tapping at the end of Tipton's solo and the additional ending solo. Thank Dave Murray for the sound, he's the inspiration :).
As said in the description, backing track is from Epitaph. The end screams do sound a bit weird...

Thanks Foro. This song has been lying around my place for quite sometime but I've only recently added computer drums that suit the song so it finally feels complete and can be put to rest. The solo was fun to record, particularly the final lick.
Thanks for listening, mate. :cheers:

@Innerdream . I agree with Foro, awesome solo.

Last edited:
cheers forostar and the mid-distance runner - your comments inspire me to want to go on, keep improving and trying to write great music!

here's another track to chew over "Love Turned to Hate" - a dark metal track exploring the darker side of human emotions when love turns into hate

I'm considering putting some of my recordings on here albeit they're very sloppy improvisations with bad recordings (you can hear me reaching out for my phone to stop the recording etc.). I'm currently trying to put some of the better ones together because there are shitloads of recordings. Might take a while but yeah.

I remember I said something along those lines before here, but those recordings were sadly were gone after my hard drive broke down. These are the ones since I bought my new hard drive/new laptop.

Back