The Pope is dope

And Catholicism is the stickiest thing in the world. If you join the Taliban you'll still be considered a "Bad Catholic".
You're not far wrong. My Irish-descent relatives hadn't been to church in years, were quite critical of the church in fact, and were to all intents and purposes agnostic, but still described themselves as 'lapsed Catholics'.

You're not far wrong. My Irish-descent relatives hadn't been to church in years, were quite critical of the church in fact, and were to all intents and purposes agnostic, but still described themselves as 'lapsed Catholics'.
Tradition and culture I guess, not religion per se?

Well, actually... there is no way to be un-baptised and there is no way to stop being a Catholic once you became one. You'll always be "lapsed" or "excommunicated" or whatever, but there's no running away.

It might have basis in actual experience - just look at Scorsese. For what it's worth, in my experience (and in the experience of various people I'd spoken to) it really makes a change inside a person that I believe is very difficult if not altogether impossible to undo.

I always thought this was kinda cool, though.

I don't remember that thread. Which one was it?

Actually, you opened it :D

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/belgium-minor-first-to-be-granted-euthanasia.42538/

How about apostate?

IIRC, even true apostasy will only grant you excommunication, but will not change the fact you're still technically Catholic. You are still allowed and encouraged to repent and come back, in which case you can't be baptised/confirmed for the second time.
Again, IIRC, the theory goes that baptism (and confirmation) will "taint" your soul in a way that can't be undone in any way - human beings do not have a capacity to change that, despite their best efforts.

Last edited:
Huh, I don't remember that.

Anyway, back to my abstinence from this thread.

Ten years ago, I had to ask a vet to put my 17 1/2 years old dog out of his obvious pain and suffering which went for a day and a half. Two years ago, I had to witness a friend's (girlfriend of one of my closest mates) months of agony through cancer and Bulgarian health system when she begged to be euthanised. How come my dog was luckier?

I don't think Serbia would be ready for euthanasia to be legalized, plus church and old people (due to church) would protest anyway. Our system is corrupt af, if people can force their (grand)parents into homes for the elderly in order to take their money and properties, they can probably bribe someone to euthanize them too.

old people (due to church)

backstroke_of_the_west__59_by_toadmushroom95-db97rv4.jpg

Last edited:

"Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope?
Do you think he's a fool?
Well I have seen the truth, yes, I've seen the light
And I've changed my ways
And I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared
At the end of our days

Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say
If they knew you believe in God above?
They should realise before they criticise
That God is the only way to love"

"Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope?
Do you think he's a fool?
Well I have seen the truth, yes, I've seen the light
And I've changed my ways
And I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared
At the end of our days

Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say
If they knew you believe in God above?
They should realise before they criticise
That God is the only way to love"
Oops sorry mate, didn't mean to offend you.

Back