The Pope is dope

SMX is a Catholic, isn't he?

I normally don't speak for others, but this I know for sure and SMX hasn't shown his ugly mug 'round these here parts in a while sooooo..... No. He's very much an atheist. I don't recall what he was raised, but he mentioned on numerous occasions his dislike for institutionalized religion and his atheism.

Whoah. A self described 'believer' is not what I'd call an atheist. And from what I gather, he had a Catholic upbringing.

Foe example, a quick forum search for "atheist" by member, "SinisterMinisterX" yielded this little gem from the Christmas 2010 thread:

Ditto. I haven't thought of Xmas as a religious holiday in years, just like Thanksgiving. I wish Merry Xmas all the time, and never object when it's said to me, even though I'm an atheist.

Foe example, a quick forum search for "atheist" by member, "SinisterMinisterX" yielded this little gem from the Christmas 2010 thread:
He rediscovered religion sometime in 2014. Unsurprisingly, it preceded his departure from this forum.

Oh no.... Did we lose him to some weird fundamentalist non-denominational Christian sect that shuns heavy metal and any normal interaction outside of church gatherings and Christian rock concerts? :(

Oh no.... Did we lose him to some weird fundamentalist non-denominational Christian sect that shuns heavy metal and any normal interaction outside of church gatherings and Christian rock concerts? :(
No, we lost him to a combination of factors that include personal evolution and old angers coming up. There's more, but I won't get into it here. Suffice to say, I still wish he'd come back, but it isn't going to happen.

Seems to sum up the reason most people end up leaving. Well... if they weren't expelled by You Know Who, hehe, it usually was jut life happening. I too have gone through spells, but end up finding my way back. Hopefully one day he might to.

I saw him somewhere else on the internet and passed the Church of H comment. He passed a like.

I admit that since my conversion to Catholicism there have been times when I toyed with the idea of leaving the forum myself. For various reasons - giving priority to spending time with people in person, various activities I started participating in (of which actually studying theology kills a lot of my free time), but also because of the rampant atheism here (and connected arguments and the quality thereof).
When I saw that euthanasia-supporting thread last year where everyone flocked, I actually quit the forum for two months or so.

But I still love a lot of metal and listen to it a lot.

So it's not necessarily a weird fundamentalist sect. :bigsmile:

I admit that since my conversion to Catholicism there have been times when I toyed with the idea of leaving the forum myself. For various reasons - giving priority to spending time with people in person, various activities I started participating in (of which actually studying theology kills a lot of my free time), but also because of the rampant atheism here (and connected arguments and the quality thereof).
When I saw that euthanasia-supporting thread last year where everyone flocked, I actually quit the forum for two months or so.

You selfish bugger, what about @CriedWhenCRIEDLeft then eh? Eh?

It's no reason to quit. I come and go regardless of what people believe/support. I just hope you had a better catechism teacher than my ex and your theology studies are more than the Sunday school BS. I haven't officially left, but I no longer call myself Catholic because I just can't recite the Creed and honestly say I believe every single point. Thus... if I don't believe in what we're supposed to believe... guess I'm not one either.

As for Euthanasia, abortion, homosexuality and other "hot botton issues" in Catholicism, we have the most beautiful "out," of any denomination. Look into it, or you might already be aware of "informed conscious." Catholicism may not promote it like other denominations, but they do want people to question and LEARN and make their own decisions from that. If in your heart, after reading both side of the issue extensively, can't back church doctrine on an issue, like say, gay marriage, then don't. And it isn't a sin.

Back