The Parchment

How good is The Parchment on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
It’s alright guys, he’s been listening to “The Parched” instead of “The Parchment”.

The Parchment is the best thing Maiden have done in last 35 years and it isn't even best song on the album.

It is Hell on Earth is

What happened to re spawned thousand suns account

I know a fair few people who feel the same, they just arent on this forum
I believe you.
I know there are people who love The Angel and the Gambler (and some of them are on this forum) and I know there are even more people who don't like The Parchment (IIRC opinions on it were really divided when Senjutsu came out).
But out of (almost) 200 Iron Maiden songs, The Parchment is the one that stinks the most? That's bold statement.

I believe you.
I know there are people who love The Angel and the Gambler (and some of them are on this forum) and I know there are even more people who don't like The Parchment (IIRC opinions on it were really divided when Senjutsu came out).
But out of (almost) 200 Iron Maiden songs, The Parchment is the one that stinks the most? That's bold statement.
Fair enough. Its just my opinion. It bores me to death

Apparently, it was as simple as it just came down between this and Death of the Celts for them. It's not as if they said "Let's never play this track live"
True but the fact they chose DOTC which is 6/10 at best says a lot. Anyways as i say its opinions. Its just my least fave Maiden track thats all

Funny, I heavily disliked Senjutsu as a whole but my first time listening to The Parchment I knew it was very special. It’s in my top ten Iron Maiden songs right now. Can’t quite put my finger on it but it’s special.

It's in my top 3 Iron Maiden songs. And it's either 1 or 2, because I can't decide if I like it slightly less or slightly more than Starblind. Rounding out my top 3 is Infinite Dreams. But yea, Parchment is that damn good. I've said it before, but the way it builds continually and keeps adding layers is very reminiscent of post-metal/post-rock. It also has some real drama happening between Bruce's desperate vocals and the guitar solos all being exquisite. Not only are the solos fantastic, but they each fit the sort of middle-eastern vibe of the song. It's one of the best compositions the band has ever written.

I´d give both @Spambot ´s nuts to witness The Parchment live!
I'd gladly step up, but they were already given to Skunkworks.
Apparently, it was as simple as it just came down between this and Death of the Celts for them. It's not as if they said "Let's never play this track live"
Somebody here said there were two camps, Bruce and somebody for DOTC and Steve and somebody for The Parchment, and they went with DOTC because Bruce's vote as a singer had advantage.
I can see why they didn’t do it on this tour. It’s got a similar vibe to ATG in places. I would have loved to have seen it live though. That riff just before Bruce comes in would have been crushing.
I could almost see the pyro after "Meet me there" part, like in ROTAM or 7th Son.

Back