THE OPETH REFERENDUM MMXXI: Results -> Blackwater Park wins again!

I do agree, in general, but I don't actually think any Opeth album is as consistent as Still Life. Objectively, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries might be better albums, but I don't think they are consistently better all the way through.

...if that makes any sense.
And that’s where I differ, I think the number of great songs is about equal on all of those albums and both BWP and Ghost Reveries make for more consistent listens for me.

As before:

Deliverance
Melinda
Moor

I don't get how someone can vote against that second riff there (the first under the vocals, the "spidery" one), let alone the intro one.
The riff is great, but I don’t think the song as a whole is as enjoyable as most of the remaining. I feel that it, along with Deliverance, are two of the band’s most overrated tracks.

And that’s where I differ, I think the number of great songs is about equal on all of those albums and both BWP and Ghost Reveries make for more consistent listens for me.
For me the quality of Still Life only dips a slight bit with Benighted, whereas with BWP it’s tracks 5-6 (hard to count 7 as an actual track) and with GR it’s tracks 3, 4, and 8.

Still Life and Damnation are the band’s two most consistent albums in my book.

tBF6Jyp.jpg

Top 10
Godhead’s Lament
10. Serenity Painted Death

@Mosh, @Detective Beauregard, @JudasMyGuide, @MrKnickerbocker, @The Dissident, @Shmoolikipod

Back