THE OPETH REFERENDUM MMXXI: Results -> Blackwater Park wins again!

I hate to vote for a lot of the old stuff as I found that I've been really enjoying those albums recently, but if I'm being honest with myself it's hard to put something like In Mist She Was Standing against pretty much any of the rest of the remaining songs.

I hate to vote for a lot of the old stuff as I found that I've been really enjoying those albums recently, but if I'm being honest with myself it's hard to put something like In Mist She Was Standing against pretty much any of the rest of the remaining songs.
This is also where I ended up in my voting thoughts.
P.S. Master's Apprentices might be my unironic favorite of the whole bunch.
This is definitely not where I ended up.

Guys, the jest of general underappreciation and underrating of Deliverance has to stop.

I mean, it was fun while it lasted, but it's starting to lose steam and if you continued, someone might even think you're being  serious.

Voted for The Lotus Eater, The Leper Affinity, Godhead's Lament and In Mist She Was Standing. Nice, I can update twice in two days.

tBF6Jyp.jpg

Eliminated after Round 27:
In Mist She Was Standing - 5 votes
Under The Weeping Moon - 5 votes
The Lotus Eater - 4 votes
Master's Apprentices - 3 votes

@Mosh, @Detective Beauregard, @JudasMyGuide, @MrKnickerbocker, @The Dissident, @Shmoolikipod

We've reached the nasty part of the game. Bleak with 3 votes?! You guys are monsters.
None of these are easy decisions anymore. With Bleak, I consider it the fourth best track on Blackwater Park, but it takes around three minutes to fully pick up steam (I think the opening verses are a bit dull). After that, the entire middle section of the song up until the outro is gold. I don't love the ending, though.

Speaking of Blackwater Park, when did Drapery Falls get eliminated? Can't believe I missed that one.

Speaking of Blackwater Park, when did Drapery Falls get eliminated? Can't believe I missed that one.
It was eliminated in Round 16. In April this year :D

Side note: ever since I switched from Excel/Notepad files to a Google Sheet/Doc that I can access from all my laptops, I find it much easier to update this. So a third update in three days it is! Also, voted for Moon Above, Windowpane, Deliverance and White Cluster.

Back