THE OPETH REFERENDUM MMXXI: Results -> Blackwater Park wins again!

tBF6Jyp.jpg

Eliminated after Round 29:
Bleak - 3 votes
White Cluster - 3 votes
Windowpane - 3 votes

These 3 songs, Deliverance and Godhead's Lament all had the same number of votes, so the average number of votes per round decided who went out.

Top 10 begins! You can only vote for 3 songs now.

@Mosh, @Detective Beauregard, @JudasMyGuide, @MrKnickerbocker, @The Dissident, @Shmoolikipod

This has got to be the worst Opeth top ten that we’ve produced on here. Five Still Life songs really?

This has got to be the worst Opeth top ten that we’ve produced on here. Five Still Life songs really?
I honestly agree, even though I'm an advocate for Still Life being head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. But I'm fine with this because most of the album is probably top 15-25 for me.

Votes:
Harlequin Forest
Face of Melinda
Serenity Painted Death

It's not even so much that I dislike the Still Life album, I like it a lot, but Opeth being one of my favorite bands I also find the caliber of material on their albums (pretty much everything from Still Life to Watershed) to be pretty consistent. So I would expect more representation from more albums.

I don't get how someone can vote against that second riff there (the first under the vocals, the "spidery" one), let alone the intro one.
Agreed. And, just like Ghost of Perdition, it takes you on a huge journey and literally the most catchy moment, the moment that screams, "GOD PLEASE LET THE SONG KEEP GOING!" takes place at the last second. Easy top Opeth song.

It's not even so much that I dislike the Still Life album, I like it a lot, but Opeth being one of my favorite bands I also find the caliber of material on their albums (pretty much everything from Still Life to Watershed) to be pretty consistent. So I would expect more representation from more albums.
I do agree, in general, but I don't actually think any Opeth album is as consistent as Still Life. Objectively, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries might be better albums, but I don't think they are consistently better all the way through.

...if that makes any sense.

Back