The Official Maidenfans.com Rankings results (2004-2016)

Wow, Run Silent Run Deep is pretty damn high. Got no real problem with that just...

Only The Good Die Young is too damn low. :blink:

Thin Line at 63!? :bigsurprise: that is downright criminal. This list is entering farce territory...

Aftermath is also a gut punch. Although that punch doesn't hurt that badly after just getting stabbed in the heart.

In all seriousness, The Aftermath is my favorite song from The X Factor, but I kind of expected it to end up around here. Sign of The Cross should finish quite high, and I'm OK with that.

Last time out we closed out No Prayer For the Dying. Fun fact, we won't close out another album until position 31. Which album do you think closes next?
It's gotta be Killers with the title track. Whatever imposter-top song from BNW is also a candidate.

I could care less about TTLBLAH and The Aftermath is ranked somewhat accurately, but RSRD is NPFTD's best song? I mean, I like it but... come on, Tailgunner is Top 30 material.

sad to see Only the Good Die Young so low.... it's better than every other song on the album aside from SSOASS and Infinite Dreams....

also sad to see The Thin Line Between Love and Hate so low.... one of the best musical compositions (not necessarily metal or typical Maiden but a great song overall)

Last time out we closed out No Prayer For the Dying. Fun fact, we won't close out another album until position 31. Which album do you think closes next?

gotta be Number of the Beast.... Rubbish album except for 4 songs... well, maybe Piece of mind is next to close out :devil2:

Do you actually like Iron Maiden?

I do. I just cannot for the life of me understand the obsession with Number of the Beast.... I cannot stand most of that album. I think part of me is tired of hearing the same songs live that have put a sour feeling in me about it. I have been on every tour except DOD starting with BNW... Some tours multiple shows... so YES, I live Maiden but just am irritated at some of the obsession over an album most who mention it know nothing about... It's commercially most recognizable and I'm tired of it.... ugh I think the 4 songs on there I like are stronger than the songs on other albums I think higher of but as an overall album, I feel it just lacks. I felt they got better with every album up until SIT. SSOASS was great but not as great as SIT. Powerslave was better than POM and POM was better than NOTB all IMO of course... It's rare to see this in a band but it's my view...

Well the album closes out when its best song goes. So TNOTB could actually be the last to go....

I would honestly be baffled if Hallowed was number one.... but also not surprised at the same time... the studio version lacks the energy and speed of the live performances but the vocals on the studio haven't been seen since the 80s as far as live goes... Can't blame Bruce as age changes cords to a degree.

I happen to agree with you (Hallowed is not nearly MY no1, and TNOTB is somewhere in the middle album-wise), but those are the "rules" of this "game" :D
I remember Hallowed being number 1 many times

I happen to agree with you (Hallowed is not nearly MY no1, and TNOTB is somewhere in the middle album-wise), but those are the "rules" of this "game" :D
I remember Hallowed being number 1 many times

For me, The Prisoner is gold as is 22 Acacia Avenue.... Children is brilliant too but I just can't get my head round Hallowed n the album. Now live? I LOVE the Rock n Rio version... it's solid..

I was referring to people who are not Maiden fans who happen to know or have heard of the album if you say Iron maiden to them... not fans on here or fans in general

Who cares if it's what casual fans or non-fans think of when they think of Maiden? That shouldn't be a hinderance to your own enjoyment of the album.

Who cares if it's what casual fans or non-fans think of when they think of Maiden? That shouldn't be a hinderance to your own enjoyment of the album.

I just feel disappointment that they don't know more of the band's work.... Why settle for one album? I literally have offered to many the ability to listen to other albums as if I were spreading the gospel of iron maiden and they don't want to hear it... they say NOTB is the only album worth listening too and it baffles me someone would disregard everything else out there. It saddens me :( Can you imagine running into a metallica fan who only listens to the black album or a slayer fan who only listens to reign in blood? They are missing so much. I guess it is ultimately their loss, not mine. I just love variety and music of all kinds and can't wrap my head round these kind of people... I ran into people at the Metallica show the other night in Orlando who had never heard any of their music before. I asked them why they went to see a band they knew nothing about.... they said they were a cool band... based on what? :facepalm: lolol if you've never heard their music.... sorry to derail this thread... :dancinggeek: drive straight again

Don't see the problem. People like what they like.

Right. I might like a Pink Floyd album or two, but I'm not inclined to check out much of their other stuff. Which probably sounds nuts to a hard core Floyd fan.

Back