The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

See, it's kind of funny and ironic. Without Gers (who many think is the weakest) the band would have never reached this point. Are you going to tell me Maiden would make an album over 70 minutes long with two guitarists?

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

attackrobot said:
It's a fact that Bruce writes lyrics in the bathroom?

Never seen, but Bruce writes it in the studio, i wonder why not in the bathroom?Well, the fact is that it is in the studio and all the composing process is really fast.

Nick, Jefferson-Gracias for the emails.  Now it is time to rock...

DanceFunkyDisco said:
Never seen, but Bruce writes it in the studio, i wonder why not in the bathroom?Well, the fact it that it is in the studio and the composing process is really fast.

OH NO! MUSICIANS WRITE AND RECORD MUSIC FASTER WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT TOGETHER FOR A VERY LONG TIME. THE NERVE!

Thanks again to Bart for the link. Been trolling here for a long time, but had to jump on board to get an early preview of the album. Just curious if anyone else is picking up a bit of a John Arch-era Fates Warning vibe during the chorus of Mother of Mercy (in a GOOD way)?

Mother of Mercy is friggin epic! Not crasy about When the Wild Things Blow, but the others songs sound very good!

Anyone takle the lyrics yet....Sorry if it's elsewhere!  I looked and couldn't find a thread about it.

LordMaiden said:
OH NO! MUSICIANS WRITE AND RECORD MUSIC FASTER WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT TOGETHER FOR A VERY LONG TIME. THE NERVE!

It is just commom sense.The more time you give it, it tends to get better.More ideas come, and the ideas you already got can be better thought of/worked out.

It leaked?!?!?!?! I just woke up, and I hope this is serious news... especially after all the bullshit last night.  -_-

If it has leaked, could anyone email me the link? Vermillion009@gmail.com. Cheers.

shandi777 said:
Anyone takle the lyrics yet....Sorry if it's elsewhere!  I looked and couldn't find a thread about it.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://forum.maidenfans.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=0.0

Many thanks for this! THIS ALBUM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! Took me only 1 listen to like this album. Took me 5 years to REALLY like DoD. And I only like a couple songs from AMOLAD. But this album is rocking. Songs may be long, but they are driving! And not repetitive, which was my problem with AMOLAD. Can't wait to buy it next week!! UP THE IRONS!!!!

DanceFunkyDisco said:
It is just commom sense.The more time you give it, it tends to get better.More ideas come, and the ideas you already got can be better thought of/worked out.

HA! You're saying that about their most progressive album. Are you serious? Between 83 and 88, they were making an album every year. You're just trying to troll Maiden fans and you suck at it.

I will have to say that after my first listen earlier, I didn't think Isle of Avalon quite reached the awesomeness that is Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (both being Smith epics), but after another spin, the midsection of Isle is pretty friggin great. Nice to hear them experimenting with new rhythmic patterns. And Bruce is really belting out that pre-chorus.

This is their last album. I'm calling it. I said before it feels like some weird swan song, even if sounds upbeat at times.

LordMaiden said:
HA! You're saying that about their most progressive album. Are you serious? Between 83 and 88, they were making an album every year. You're just trying to troll Maiden fans and you suck at it.

I can write a progressive song of 8 minutes in 8 minutes. :ninja: But you have a point i had not noticed, they probably have always composed really fast, they just did not have the internet to tell us about it.

Sooooo. Am I the only one who is waiting till the 16th to listen to the album. I feel like I'm the only one. :lol:

Also in the 80's, they didn't have all the computer technology which of course helps to speed things up.

DanceFunkyDisco said:
I can write a progressive song of 8 minutes in 8 minutes. :ninja: But you have a point i had not noticed, they probably have always composed really fast, they just did not have the internet to tell us about it.

Well OK then.

Back