The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I was at the second 02 show tonight. It was my 9th time seeing Maiden and you know what, I think it was the best show that i've seen them do. The band were on fire, the crowd was up for it and the sound was much better

I am so happy that the gig went well as the last few times that I have seen them has been at festivals where the crowd only knows the classics and the sound is naff

Anyone who was there able to tell whether there were any extra cameras filming the band, etc? I really hope these shows were captured for a Blu-Ray release. I cant think of a better opportunity they'd have to document the Book of Souls tour. The band is peaking performance-wise, they had back-to-back shows in the same arena, and they had ample days off before and after the shows.

I was there saturday night, Maiden were on fire, that was my 25th time seeing them going back to 1993 and performance wise it was as good as I've ever seen them.

The 02 is a great venue and complex, I will definitely be enticed by any future gigs there.

Of the crowd watching the cup final pre game, it looks like Maiden have more Arsenal fans than Chelsea, was about 70:30 in the boozer.

I didn't notice cameras on Saturday other than the ones they use for the big screens on the night

I think the only reasonable place they can film a DVD now is the last two Brooklyn shows.

It'd be a damn shame if they don't film this tour. If any tour needs the pro-shot Blu-Ray treatment, it's definitely this one.

So, apparently the left rear pocket of me jeans got torn off battling crowds at the first gig and I didn't notice until I got home from the second.
I have massive bruises.

I saw the band from maybe 10 feet away.

The show on the 27th was phenomenal, I think it was my favourite Maiden gig so far. Managed to get a lot closer than in the past and ended up pretty near to the front centre-right behind a fellow holding a Swedish flag. The crowd seemed really into it - much more so than at Download but I suppose that is to be expected at a solo show versus a festival. The band were on absolutely top form and the sound was great, Bruce on TBOS was particularly spectacular, better than on the album.

Hello everyone. It's been a while for me. The Book of Souls was a phenomal album and I'm so glad to have experienced it on its first day of release with the rest of the world's maiden fans. It really was great from start to finish.

Anyways, I'm going to my first live IM show on 6/3 in Bristow, VA and I'm wondering if the Trooper beers will be available for sale both on tap, as well as to purchase a case to take home with me. Does anyone happen to be aware of what is available on the American leg of the tour, or has it been available in the previous legs of the BoS tour so far?

Thanks and I hope anyone else going to Bristow enjoys.

Hello everyone. It's been a while for me. The Book of Souls was a phenomal album and I'm so glad to have experienced it on its first day of release with the rest of the world's maiden fans. It really was great from start to finish.

Anyways, I'm going to my first live IM show on 6/3 in Bristow, VA and I'm wondering if the Trooper beers will be available for sale both on tap, as well as to purchase a case to take home with me. Does anyone happen to be aware of what is available on the American leg of the tour, or has it been available in the previous legs of the BoS tour so far?

Thanks and I hope anyone else going to Bristow enjoys.

I can guarantee that no music venue will sell you a case of beer to take out of the venue. I would say check your local liquor stores, ask them to order it for you if they don't have it.

Trooper availability can be found here: http://trooperbeer.com/find-beer/stockists
Looks like the closest places for you to purchase it would be D.C. and Maryland.
Maiden brings Trooper to all the shows... but... only available for backstage hospitality as arenas have their own contracts with distributors and can't just put any beer on the menu. Maybe make a road trip up to D.C., buy a case, and have your own Trooper pre-party before the show. Sounds like a good time to me!

Thanks for the clarification. That is right that the venue would have contracts to only sell certain types of beer at their concession stands or bars. I'll have to have a case shipped to my house at some point.

Anyone who was there able to tell whether there were any extra cameras filming the band, etc?
I don't think so :(
Maybe they're going to record a full show from the upcoming NA tour or possibly fix up the audio from last year's Wacken show and release that. I just can't picture them skipping 2 tours in a row without a live release. Even though they did do it with The Early Days and AMOLAD.

I would have thought that the London show would have been filmed. They must be saving it for either New York or LA this year. Unless they are going to release the Donington or Wacken show.

I am going to my first Maiden show on June 9 in Charlotte. I was working alot on weekends in the 80's and then marriage and the responsibilities of life just took my time. Now, after 30 plus years i finally get to see em live. The cool thing is, I really like the Book of Souls album so I am sure the show will be awesome.

Back