The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

It was a hell of a show, but the sound was pretty poor. I was right at the centre, a few rows back from the front, and it was pretty distorted throughout the show. I've not been to a gig at the ice arena that hasn't disappointed on that front, though.

?! Concerts in London just tweeted this. Probably a typo.

C_BMY4EVoAEU4yn.jpg:large

Edit: it's Iron Maidens (female tribute) show. Someone can't tag the right people and put the right pohoto on the front.

Re: Bruce's vocal issues. I dunno...part of the problem is the nature of the internet era. There were crap gigs/vocal performances on every tour, during every era , of the band's history (hey, they're human). It's just we didn't have hours of footage back then to analyze immediately in near real time to freak out/obsess over.

Nice to hear Bruce in decent form. Maybe he was deliberately keeping something in reserve for the GB shows?

Anyway, I'm personally a little disappointed that the double-up solo is back, as I always thought it sounded a bit muddled

Re: Bruce's vocal issues. I dunno...part of the problem is the nature of the internet era. There were crap gigs/vocal performances on every tour, during every era , of the band's history (hey, they're human). It's just we didn't have hours of footage back then to analyze immediately in near real time to freak out/obsess over.
Sorry to trample on your downplaying. We DO have a shitload of recordings now. And we keep discovering new stuff. Check Zare's recent post in Videos topic to hear an eighties fuck-up.

Agreed. That was inspired as all hell and Bruce puts some extra mojo behind those verses big time. Frickin mic drop

Judging from Youtube clips it seems that Bruce was on good shape yesterday in Nottingham, which makes the version of The Trooper from Hamburg even more bizarre.

It's like he's constantly behind a bit in Hamburg, timing-wise. Which suggests some kind of sound/monitoring problems

It's like he's constantly behind a bit in Hamburg, timing-wise. Which suggests some kind of sound/monitoring problems

It seems that Steve had some timing issues at that gig too (again judging from Youtube clips), so it could well be onstage sounds problems.

I pray to the fucking gods they release a live CD from that gig (I know they record at least audio from all of them). I was at that gig, the crowd participation was incredible and the band was on fire. An iteresting fact: Bruce himself knew that he will have a great night. He said before COTD that the bootlegers better do an amazing job, because this show was gonna be a classic. TBOS from that show gave me chills when I heard it there. Best 80 euros I spent on Iron Maiden, and probably the best IM concert I will ever attend.
TBOS:
This verison is shit hot!!!!

It has been hit and miss every time I have seen them live, and I have seen them 28 times since 1996. Excellent sound at some gigs, bad sound at others, good sound some days...
In America they have always sounded great.....Perfect sound on the Maiden England tour!

Anyone catch the Planet Rock interviews with Steve/Nicko or know where they can be heard online?

Back