The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Since we're talking about setlists, here are my ideal setlists.

Ideal Book of Souls Tour setlist:

1.If Eternity Should Fail
2.Speed of Light
3.Flight of Icarus
4.Children of the Damned
5.Death or Glory
6.When the River Runs Deep
7.The Trooper
8.Powerslave
9.Shadows of the Valley
10.The Book of Souls
11.Fear of the Dark
12.Iron Maiden
Encore
13.The Number of the Beast
14.Evil that Men Do
15.Running Free

Ideal "classic" tour setlist"

Blade Runner Theme
1.Caught Somewhere in Time
2.Sea of Madness
3.Die with your Boots On
4.Where Eagles Dare
5.Killers
6.The Prisoner
7.Wasted Years
8.Phantom of the Opera
9.Ghenghis Khan
10.To Tame A Land
11.The Trooper
12.Infinite Dreams
13.Iron Maiden
Encore
Churchill Speech
14.Aces High
15.Purgatory
16.Prowler

Higher quality clip of TGU - Bruce actually sounds better than I though. Still a bit strained at times though:

Nice footage. I assumed from earlier footage that he was aiming for those isolated higher notes and missing them, but listening to that vid, it sounds more like he's playing around with the vocal melody to avoid them.

Bruce said that people will hear COTD again today, but can feel free to give marks out of 10 for both performances :D .

So COTD isn't going anywhere. Sadly most likely Wrathchild isn't too.

I've just got tickets to the O2 on the 27th May, however realised i've double booked with an event in Southampton during the day. Tickets say 18.00 doors, any idea what time Maiden will likely hit the stage? I'm not overly worried about Shinedown, but trying to figure out if I can get up from Southampton to the O2 in time or not?

I've just got tickets to the O2 on the 27th May, however realised i've double booked with an event in Southampton during the day. Tickets say 18.00 doors, any idea what time Maiden will likely hit the stage? I'm not overly worried about Shinedown, but trying to figure out if I can get up from Southampton to the O2 in time or not?

Maiden is usually on somewhere between 20:30 to 21:00.

Antwerpen
18:30 doors opening
19:30-20:15 Shinedown
20h50 : MAAIIDENN

Bruce said that people will hear COTD again today, but can feel free to give marks out of 10 for both performances :D .

So COTD isn't going anywhere. Sadly most likely Wrathchild isn't too.
Oh well. Still a pretty amazing setlist. If you had told me five years ago that Maiden would one day be touring on a new album and playing 7 new tunes (over 2 years), COTD, Powerslave, Blood Brothers and Wasted Years, I would have called bullshit. We're very lucky to be getting a lot of these tunes.

Not to mention how many staples they dropped. RTTH, 2MTM, TETMD for example. Yes, a big part of that is because they've played them so much in recent years they've gotten tired of them, but it still doesn't change the fact that not having those songs in the set is what allows for stuff like CotD, Powerslave or WY to be played.

Not to mention how many staples they dropped. RTTH, 2MTM, TETMD for example. Yes, a big part of that is because they've played them so much in recent years they've gotten tired of them, but it still doesn't change the fact that not having those songs in the set is what allows for stuff like CotD, Powerslave or WY to be played.
Totally. I am an enthusiastic member of the "play less staples" camp, but I just don't get all the hate on this tour. They're committed to showcasing an awesomely large amount of new material, threw in some deeper cuts to please longtime/hardcore fans, and are playing a handful of crowd-pleasers as they always do to keep the energy level high. Plus, the NOTB/Blood Brothers/Wasted Years encore has got to be the coolest they've done in recent memory (maybe juuuust behind Moonchild/Clairvoyant/HBTN in 2008)

Almost pro-shot of WY :D

Look how worn H's guitar neck is after only a year of use. And look how much Steve sweats during a gig... There are streams of sweat on his bass.

Meanwhile in Oberhausen, the roadies were making tea a few hours ago.
C-QqtAxXsAAdiT2.jpg:large

The band, especially Steve, look quite tired at the end of the gig, but it's obvious they're still committed to giving it all to the last moment.

Almost pro-shot of WY :D

Look how worn H's guitar neck is after only a year of use. And look how much Steve sweats during a gig... There are streams of sweat on his bass.
It still sounds weird to me when Nicko stays on the hi-hat for parts of those choruses and the solo. Great footage!

Well,none of us is getting any younger. And all bands need to play live as this is where the money is nowadays.

Last edited:
New Jackson AS sig? I think I see a signature on the headstock. Could be a custom shop thing 'cause my vision is shite
It's a Custom shop, he got it on the same day as the X-stroyer (2nd show in LA last year). It started as a Hallowed guitar and was gradually used more and more. It features a JB in the bridge and a neck with oil finish.

Back