The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

ENHANCE

Definitely looks like COTD and TGU
Looked at that on my phone with the brightness all the way up. I was wrong, that's definitely COTD and not Killers. And that looks like TGU for sure. I think we have our set!

I was kind of hoping more than one song would be different from last year, but I'll take it. Great Unknown over Tears is definitely an improvement in my book.

Not sure if this is the right thread but any pre- or afterparties planned in Frankfurt (28th and 29th) and/or Hamburg (2th)? I am doing those three shows and would be nice to have some Iron Maiden life outside the gig too.

I'm very happy if that's genuine and says Great Unknown. First word does look like 'great'.

Meanwhile in Antwerp...
18033320_10154332538787051_2854337938674189800_n.jpg

If they play The Great Unknown I'll be a very happy man. I think it's Tears of a Clown though, it slowed down the set too much between COTD and TRATB so they switched it with DOG. Or could it be Revelations?

Edit: Looks like at least two words, so probably not Revelations.

Someone better be there to get a recording of it. They're gonna pull a Texas 2010 on us and drop it for Wrathchild.

I don't see how The Great Unknown would be a better live song than say Tears of a Clown. It's a bit stop/start and has the potential to trainwreck if they don't lock in correct time. TOAC is way more straightforward.

That being said, I think TGU is a better song than TOAC and I'm interested how it might work live.

I still don't think they change a thing on the set list though. Except maybe add Wrathchild of course.

After a good couple of minutes of staring at that list, I think I finally noticed which words you're talking about... :p Between Powerslave and Book of Souls, right? Indeed, looks like Great Unknown. That's an amazing and surprising addition to the setlist if that's true. TGU is probably my third favourite song on the album. Sooooo much better than Tears of a Clown.

Back in the day, people used to put more effort into those fake setlists. I remember one that said "From Rod Smallwood's desk. Do not remove!"

Back