The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Sonisphere '10 was the best major festival I've ever been to. Organised camp grounds, relaxed but vigilant security, clean toilets, water fountains everywhere, affordable food, great people, short ways and that beautiful English lawn.

Bruce specifically said something along the lines of 'Its been a long time since we played the arenas in the UK, and we won't wait that long again' at the o2 gig, a stadium tour seems unlikely but I can see them doing something akin to the 2010 TFF leg where they debut one new song off an album which will be released late in the year.

Hmm. I'm still betting it's... record in the late Fall/Winter, mix in the Spring, greatest hits at Euro fests next Summer, release the record in Fall 2018, and start the next world tour. Put me on record, if anyone's laying odds or whatever.

willing to bet they don't do another studio album the rest of their career.

I went into BOS thinking this would be the last one... but I thought Steve's had some interviews during the tour that says otherwise, hasn't he?

I read on the fan club forum someone had asked someone who works with Trooper VIP if they will be doing it next year in the states. She had answered that only Europe was booked for now.

Several people claiming they'll only will tour Europe next year. There is also a rumour that Maiden are doing Rock am Ring and Rock im Park.
Strong possibilities for more live streams! :D

The real question is, who got H's headband and the red scarf

The monkey mask, the slide and the monkey also ended in the audience.

Last edited:
Legacy of the beast tour? is almost a "All the classics we always play for you while you wait for the new album" Tour, correct me if i'm wrong but i can't find songs in the soundtrack of the game that they haven't played at least in the last 5 years, except for BNW

'Brave New World' was last played six years ago, so it's not like it was ancient history.

My mistake, I already checked the soundtrack for the game and there's some interesting songs like Losfer Words, Out of the silent planet, where eagles dare, nomad, these colours don't run, the man who would be king, empire of the clouds, for the greater good of god... Songs that I have never see them playing except for out of the silent planet, so I have to regret about what I say hahaahahah

After some info I received from local people I trust, I'm pretty convinced that 2018 Legacy of the Beast tour with Priest and Slayer will happen. I believe that tour dates could be announced in next 3 months.

If they're going to do a Greatest Hits tour under the Legacy of the Beast banner, I might consider re-evaluating my rejection of the "cabaret" label.

I think that by this point they might move past the Legacy of the Beast idea. The game will be more than 2 years old by the time this potential tour would happen and no doubt it will be outdated and not frequently updated anymore. I'm not saying we won't get a hits tour, but I don't think this will be the theme.

Also, Slayer makes no sense at all with Maiden and Priest.

^ this. Legacy of the beast was added to Metacritic over a year ago, and its scores are mediocre, the game would be a failure if it wasn't Maiden themed. I realize that they'd be looking just for a name and theme for an ordinary greatest hits tour, but supporting lame products isn't going to be a good PR move. I hope it's just a rumour.

After some info I received from local people I trust, I'm pretty convinced that 2018 Legacy of the Beast tour with Priest and Slayer will happen.
Something similar to Sonisphere in 2010? Slayer and Maiden were on the same bill both in Finland and Sweden back then.

Back