The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

13413544_1036381046397985_2500692143188944732_n.jpg

I believe that is one of the first full band photos in a while.

Maiden have come up with a combined Britain/France event shirt, of all things, for the two Download festivals this week!

Pics not working here. I saw it on Facebook, though. I prefer the back print with EF1 on it. The front would be okay, but I can't stand that Download pitbull thing.

Pretty weak shirt IMO. The idea to combine two festivals/countries is a good one though. Just not carried out too well in this instance...Back print is good!

I could have a look for Kerrang tomorrow.

Trivium do For The Greater Good of God? o_O Anathema do Wasted Years?
And I assume Steven Battelle - doing Red and the Black - is the former frontman/guitarist of LostAlone? Odd band that. They briefly won favour among the post-emo crowd, but had a taste for the epic. I like one or two of their songs.

There were a lot more familiar names on the first Maiden Heaven compilation...or? Out of 15 on this new compilation I know 5...Hopefully the rest is not all Kerrang emo core :p

Looks good. The Harris interview is appealing; the CD, not that much. I've just ordered it. First time I do it for Kerrang.

I've just realised, Longchamp racecourse, where Download Paris is taking place, is quite near to Studio Guillaume Tell, just on the opposite side of the Seine. It would be a short detour if you wanted to do a bit of sightseeing @harrisdevot. It's not a very exciting building from the outside, though!

That was awesome! More comments later! Here some good vids (good close shots) from the gig I found:

Last edited by a moderator:
harrisdevot, are you going to Download in Paris?
I do, Cried. I just hate open air shows, the bill is not exciting and Maiden play ridiculously early, but I've got no choice. The event is not sold out, so maybe it won't be so terrible. I must admit that I'm waiting with anxiety the announcement of a 2017 arena tour, even if it was only in Britain.

Back