The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

It's nice to see some footage, but first of all it's great to hear a pro-recorded version of the song. The video feels really detached form the song, because they were clearly going for a 'music video' vibe not a classic 'live video'. I'm really looking forward to hearing more pro-recorded songs. Fun videos like that - not so much. I'm wondering how long after the tour we will have to wait for the live album announcement... Can't wait for that.

Eh... That monkey meme... I don't know what to think about it. :p

It sounds excellent. I'm really hoping for a live album because there are some nice touches in these live versions that add something to the studio version.

It sounds excellent. I'm really hoping for a live album because there are some nice touches in these live versions that add something to the studio version.
I might be the only one that thinks that Bruce doesn't really sound well on DoG

Man, that video is so amazing! I really hope we get a DVD out of this tour, though I certainly hope it has less edits than this video...

Two things:
- they're really trying to amp up this song, I expect it to stick around for awhile
- am I crazy or is that harmony guitar lagging behind the beat in the beginning?

I noticed that too. The whole song sounds like it could fall apart at any moment to me.

It's awesome live, it comes off a lot better than the studio version (which is a bit flat to me). It has all the energy of their 80s rockers. They should do a live single for it.

I might be the only one that thinks that Bruce doesn't really sound well on DoG

I thought he sounded pretty good. I've heard him sound worse, and feared he'd really be worse for wear after his illness.

I think he sounds fine, especially on the choruses. The verses are a little bit of a stretch, but don't sound terrible. As Brigs said, he sounds amazing considering his recent health scare (and age).

Agreed. It's not his best song live but he does a respectable job. Still better than he would've handled a song like this in the 80s.

It's a decent performance but not that clean and effortless. I think it's because he's moving a lot and simply having fun. He's probably not as focused on singing itself, which is understandable for this kind of song.

Both times I saw it, Nicko was incredibly shaky on the intro. He legitimately fucked it up in Vegas and Bruce hit his cymbals with the mic stand as punishment.
Pretty sure it's not Nicko fucking up, rather he starts each song with a visual metronome set to the album tempo now. The guitarists like to push the tempo in the intro and get a bit ahead of him. Happened in Florida and Chicago as well.

I don't remember it happening in Chicago, as I was listening specifically because the drums were so behind at the Vegas gig. Seems like just one of those songs they had to play 40 times before it totally clicked.

Is that why they all stand on the drum rises during the intro? Maybe they hear each other better that way.

Back