The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

4 of the 5 Brazilian concerts was sold out, an average 20.000+ attendance, even larger average attendance when you consider all of the Latin American concerts. That's why Maiden loves us. But I could bet that Maiden will skip completely us on 2017.

About the earplugs, I never saw this in a metal concert here. I saw Maiden and Accept upfront, close to the stage, and the buzz on my ear was just another positive part of the concert. But this must be cultural, the crowd here usually cares less about comfort (specially considering how I was squeezed from If Eternity to Children of the Damned)

European crowds are happy being packed into floor standing, by and large, but earplugs are getting commoner. It's people not wanting to damage their hearing long term, rather than just comfort, usually. I can definitely see people who are musicians themselves wanting to look after their hearing as much as possible.

BNW was on the approved list too, wasn't it?

Yes but I think that BNW was meant to be constantly in the set between COTD and TOAC, but it was dropped due to the set lenght. If I was to bet what will happen:
Just dropping Powerslave: 50% chance
Replacing it with Wicker Man: 30% chance
Replacing it with BNW: 10% chance
Other: 10% chance

I would think Brave New World wouldn't be approved due to its theme, but I think it will replace Children of the Damned for those couple shows. The other getting dropped will be Death or Glory IMO.

Edit: Nevermind on that, here is the image again so we don't have to go back and find it.
12494752_184001535288878_868088564281952098_n.jpg

I would think Brave New World wouldn't be approved due to its theme, but I think it will replace Children of the Damned for those couple shows. The other getting dropped will be Death or Glory IMO.
All of the above were approved. Powerslave was probably banned because Chinese goverment don't like songs about gods.

All of the above were approved. Powerslave was probably banned because Chinese goverment dont't like songs about gods.
Ok makes sense. Brave New World will likely be it's replacement and The Wicker Man was probably from the main set dropped due to length.

Hard to use Maiden's usual trends as a basis for predicting what they'll do in China. This isn't a case of them dropping a song in the middle of the tour because it didn't actually work out. This is them knowing about a concert months in advance where they might not be able to do their normal setlist and had time to prepare an alternative.

The officia website says that all of the shows are now announced. However everybody stated that there are 73 shows this year and currently there are 72. So is it possible that the possible final date at the O2 in London will be announced after Download (to not hurt the ticket sales)?

I'm not sure where the 73 figure came from. They've said all shows are announced now. Some people were saying 72, some were saying 73. They'll play in the UK next year.

Hard to use Maiden's usual trends as a basis for predicting what they'll do in China. This isn't a case of them dropping a song in the middle of the tour because it didn't actually work out. This is them knowing about a concert months in advance where they might not be able to do their normal setlist and had time to prepare an alternative.
They dropped The Trooper in Belfast in 2011 and didn't replace it.

I'm not sure where the 73 figure came from. They've said all shows are announced now. Some people were saying 72, some were saying 73. They'll play in the UK next year.
Bruce said three down, 7o to go in Vegas. Of course it's possible he got the numbers wrong.

They dropped The Trooper in Belfast in 2011 and didn't replace it.
I don't think that was planned more than a day or two in advance, plus we do know which songs were approved by the Chinese government. It would surprise me if they don't have a replacement ready to go.

Back