The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

The show was great. Just one glitch at the beginning of IESF and that was it. Bruce sounded GREAT. I dont get what people dont like about DOG I like that song alot. If the lyric "climb like a monkey out of hell" is what bothers everyone then I suggest people look into how Bruce came up with it. I love Adrian's half slide/half regular solo on that one too. Bruce didnt pick up the slide and throw it to the crowd after Adrian dropped it like he did at a couple of other shows. I was kinda interested to see that but oh well. My son's third Maiden show with me and he had a blast.

They were having a lot of fun. Bruce used the noose on "HBTN" to "help" Nicko out on cymbals during one of the drum breaks...in time, too! He pulled off one of Jan's shoes during his solo on "BB" and Jan didn't miss a note...you try playing a guitar solo perfectly on one leg! The Three Amigos gathered round Adrian's mic stand leaving Steve to the whole stage and sang backgrounds...notable because Davey don't sing! The playing was uniformly tight but they were really having a ball, it seemed. Loved it.

Adrian played it in Chicago because Janick's guitar failed for the entire song. Last time Adrian played that solo regularly was in 1988.
Responding to an old comment, last time he played it prior to the Chicago gig was during the first leg of The Brave New World Tour, when Janick had his accident during NOTB, the band ended with Hallowed as the last song of the night in which Adrian played the solo after they had to play NOTB for the second time, yet I know you said regularly but still just to be clear on certain details. I will say no one quite remembers that night well, even to this day most people don't know about yet. But hey, most of us got to see Adrian play it on this tour, in which is always a plus and you guy get to hear about and see some youtube clip from that night!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Responding to an old comment, last time he played it prior to the Chicago gig was during the first leg of The Brave New World Tour, when Janick had his accident during NOTB, the band ended with Hallowed as the last song of the night in which Adrian played the solo after they had to play NOTB for the second time, yet I know you said regularly but still just to be clear on certain details. I will say no one quite remembers that night well, even to this day most people don't know about yet. But hey, most of us got to see Adrian play it on this tour, in which is always a plus and you guy get to hear about and see some youtube clip from that night!!!

You are correct, that is why I said "regularly." :D

Is it me or does everything sound down tuned?

Bruce is getting up there and can't sing quite like he did in the 80's so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some down tuning. Not a whole lot is needed though.

H just picked up a couple new guitars from Jackson custom shop:
Jackson AS signature in green sunburst:

Jackson X-stroyer (Jackson's verision f the Ibanez destroyer):

H just picked up a couple new guitars from Jackson custom shop:
Jackson AS signature in green sunburst:

Jackson X-stroyer (Jackson's verision f the Ibanez destroyer):
Not sure how I feel about the Sig in green sunburst but that x-stroyer is f'ing sexy! Would have been right at home on the Early Days Tour!

I don't like the green one at all... Unconventional colours usually look cheesy. The X-stroyer is great!

So everything just goes into a warehouse after Wacken until 2017?
With at least 6 months of inactivity during one of the most popular phases of their careers?
That doesn't sound right.
There's got to be something up their sleeves.

As if climb like a monkey wasn't already cheesy enough.
Also I'm not sure but I think that may have started in Tacoma. If someone can verify if it he started doing it earlier that would be great.

He first did it in Toronto. Look at 4:17:

But I think the thing really started in Detroit, where people gave a picture to him with "I don't always climb, but when I do, I climb like a monkey" written on it.

Back