The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I hope they do like they did in 2012-13, where they hit up a bunch of alternate cities they don't usually visit on the second leg.

In 2012, they did Chicago, Indianapolis, etc... In 2013, they did Kansas City and St. Louis (referring solely to the Midwest, as that's where I live).

I don't like those "northern summer" tours, because they never even remember of the Latin America on those tours. "Give me Ed", "Early Days" and the "AMOLAD" tours completely forgot of anything south of Florida, and the same happened with the 1st leg of TFF Tour and 2 of the 3 legs of the ME Tour. I would surely, though, like an arrangement like on the SBiT 2nd leg, which they did traveled the world again.

But, then again, i'm sure that a 2nd leg of TBoS will not feature Latin America and Oceania. They'll focus only on US/Canada and some solo shows in Europe, since it'll probably replace the 2015 leg.

Anyway, it's a nice speculation: if they had toured in 2015, with only Speed of Light as a new song, how would the set list look like? Maybe they would to the 90s semitour there, and'll postpone this to 2017? I seriously doubt they would repeat 2010, specially if those concerts were planned only to US/Canada/Europe

Anyway, it's a nice speculation: if they had toured in 2015, with only Speed of Light as a new song, how would the set list look like? Maybe they would to the 90s semitour there, and'll postpone this to 2017? I seriously doubt they would repeat 2010, specially if those concerts were planned only to US/Canada/Europe

I am very glad they did not do that .. obviously not for the reasons the tour was delayed, but for how well all the new stuff sounds

Same here. Crazy to think that for all the times I've seen them, this is the first time I've seen them on a true album tour playing new stuff.

Hypothetical 2015 tour is interesting though. Assuming they did it before the release of the album, I would've expected it to be closer to Give Me Ed than the TFF 2010 tour. In other words, more career spanning stuff and less focus on a specific era.

So, there are a few things that we can consider, if the 2015 tour would be a "career spamming slash warm up slash promoting the expectation of The Book of Souls" :

* They wouldn't play deep cuts from the "Maiden England Universe". So, no Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, ATSS, Revelations, Aces High, Killers, SSoaSS, The Prisioner. Probably not The Clairoyant too;

* Wrathchild and The Evil That Man Do would probably survive;

* Probably, they would play some other songs from the 00s. Brave New World would be a probable choice, considering they had it on the Chinese set, along with The Wicker Man;

* I seriously doubt they would cut both 2 Minutes to Midnight and Run to the Hills on this warm up tour. Considering Adrian's statement and the drop of RttH on 2010/11 tour, i think 2MTM would not see the light of day;

* If they are dropping 2MTM and are not playing Aces High, they would maintain Powerslave;

* At least one or two songs of TFF would be played again. IMO, The Talisman and Coming Home

So, as a quick guess, i would see the set somewhat like this:

1. Wicker Man
2. Speed of Light
3. Brave New World
4. The Talisman
5. The Trooper
6. Coming Home
7. Wrathchild
8. The Evil That Man Do
9. Powerslave
10. Hallowed be Thy Name
11. Run to the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
15. Number of the Beast
16. Wasted Years

I don't think they would've opened with The Wicker Man again. I think TFF would be more likely, or something oddball like Be Quick or Be Dead.

I don't think they would've opened with The Wicker Man again. I think TFF would be more likely, or something oddball like Be Quick or Be Dead.

TFF would be a possibility, but i don't think they would use it, i never saw Maiden using the opener for the last album on the current album tour (they used NotB on Give me Ed and Wicker Man itself on TFF Part 1). Be Quick or Be Dead would be a decent choice, although, it would make sense. But i didn't bet on it for 2 reasons: when it comes to Maiden, i've learned to play conservative, and Wicker Man would fit in this; and i think they're saving Be Quick or Be Dead for the 90s summer tour.

But, again, it would make sense BQoBD. I would love to hear it on this definitive line up

Oh, BTW, i just found a recording of the gig i went on YouTube with a decent sound. I'm hearing it right now, as i'm working on my thesis.

It's so exciting to hear it again, to relieve all of that emotion...and IESF surely helped me to finish a part that i wasn't being able to :)

If Maiden is going to do more US touring next year and actually comes here to MN by some miracle, I really hope it's still for TBOS. Then again, I'd take any setlist since that would be my first time seeing them since 2000.

So now we're speculating on the potential setlist of a tour set in an alternate reality where Iron Maiden did in fact go on tour in 2015, and before the release of TBOS?

Interesting.

Just got back from the Toronto show tonight and what a show it was! Got a link to my Facebook album of photos I snagged over in the photos thread(with more photos to come!). I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the performance by The Raven Age, I know a lot of people have been having mixed feeling about them, but I Personally thought they had a really tight sound, looked great on stage, and really just pumped the crowd up to levels higher than they already were. I think the closest thing I can compare them to would be Dream Theater back in the late 90's, obviously a little less technical and without keys/piano, but overall I think a similar sound/style. As far as Maiden goes, this tour blew TFF and ME out of the water! Being only my 3rd time seeing Maiden I don't have the most to go off of, but from the tours I have seen this was been the best in recent years. Was well worth the time/money to travel halfway across the country once again to see Maiden, they never disappoint! Had GA floor tickets and spent most of the show about 10-15 feet from the stage just slightly off center(towards Davey/H side) Anyways, I'll stop rambling on now and get some sleep. For anyone going to dates later on the tour, you're really in for a treat this time round!

Am headed up to Detroit in the morning for the show. My first time seeing them live but have been a fan since TNoTB. I even talked the wife into it, she has no idea. Her concert experience is mostly pop stuff from the 80s. I'll either be divorced or in a better place after this is over.

Back