The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Oh, and having said that, I must tell you guys I'm really hoping to see ANY AMOLAD song live on this tour, since they have never played any from this album in South America.

Oh, and I think AMOLAD is #11 for me.

AMOLAD is also the only album not represented on any official live recordings too (except for Book of Souls of course), so I'd love to see an AMOLAD song live. I doubt we will though.

this is true. I wonder if a part 4 of the history series will come out this year showcasing the 90s for the band.... Would love to see NPFTD and FOTD behind the scenes and thoughts from them on it. Big changes those 2 albums...

I think it will probably be an re-release of Live At Donnington in late 2017. While they hopefully work on a new album. Also from IMFC magazine 100, Steve stated that Bruce and Adrian wanted to make another album directly after Book Of Souls, but Steve was mentally worn out because of the family losses and then Bruce's illness was discovered.

as odd as it may come off, I'd be happy with TBOS being their last album. I think this tour will show what Bruce can still do. I know Nicko has to be worn out and they are all around 60. Metal is never played lightly on stage... they aren't a group who can keep going because they just stand there. I'd love to see them tour again but another album?

to change it up a bit, lets talk about merchandise.... I'd like to see a proper tour book this time as well as some other goodies besides clothes... Loozies would be cool and cups and sh*t.. I am not holding a poster during the concert so that is out. I am either bringing my seventh son backpack or hoping the BOS backpack is for sale there to store stuff in.

The thing is that they won't do history tours anymore. That was stated by various band members. Touring is also a lot more phisically demanding than making an album. Janick also said that only thing that can keep them touring is new music. Look at Rush, they quit touring last year (Neil is the same age as Nicko and has even worse arthritis), but they haven't ruled out another album.

to change it up a bit, lets talk about merchandise.... I'd like to see a proper tour book this time as well as some other goodies besides clothes... Loozies would be cool and cups and sh*t.. I am not holding a poster during the concert so that is out. I am either bringing my seventh son backpack or hoping the BOS backpack is for sale there to store stuff in.

I'm hoping for a bunch of cool shirt designs, preferably of songs they are playing this time. A tourbook would be nice even though they haven't done that in ages. Would love a scarf for the collection. And a few posters are a must - I always grab those on my way out.

The thing is that they won't do history tours anymore. That was stated by various band members. Touring is also a lot more phisically demanding than making an album. Janick also said that only thing that can keep them touring is new music. Look at Rush, they quit touring last year (Neil is the same age as Nicko and has even worse arthritis), but they haven't ruled out another album.

if they had done a proper history tour of SBIT, it'd be one thing but I still feel irritated they did 4 songs from powerslave and 4 songs from seventh and played the same two SIT songs they always do. They could do a SIT history tour but that is just a fantasy.

I think it will probably be an re-release of Live At Donnington in late 2017. While they hopefully work on a new album. Also from IMFC magazine 100, Steve stated that Bruce and Adrian wanted to make another album directly after Book Of Souls, but Steve was mentally worn out because of the family losses and then Bruce's illness was discovered.

They have gas left on the tank for probably one more trip around the world (excluding this tour) before the Farewell Tour. It will be either a 90s revival or a new album supporting tour. Or they'll extend the time on their solo albums before making one last album and using him as background to the Farewell tour. But one thing is certain: This TBoS tour will be one of their last tours

I'm just loopy on this tour being 2 days away.... I want The Red and the Black and The Man of Sorrows.... TRATB has a great opportunity for audience participation and I think it will be THE EPIC of the set list. Length is that of ROTAM from powerslave and has great choruses for the fans to sing along to like FOTD or HCW....

I am scared of the prices too for the shirts. I think I shelled $40 for a shirt in 2013 at the last show I went too.

Well, I consider TRATB as well as the title track to be the 2 big epics which will be so amazing because along with doing all of AMOLAD and The Talisman and Wild Wind from FF, this will make a 3rd album tour in which Maiden has done a few big epics if you include Hallowed as well. No, I take that back. For Brave New World, they did Sign and Clansman as well as Dream Of Mirrors. Wow, it's really been some amazing years of touring with all these big epics being performed.

And :hello: to the lurker named Iron Maiden who I keep seeing likes from. :) I hope you'll be able to make one the upcoming shows.

Well, I consider TRATB as well as the title track to be the 2 big epics which will be so amazing because along with doing all of AMOLAD and The Talisman and Wild Wind from FF, this will make a 3rd album tour in which Maiden has done a few big epics if you include Hallowed as well. No, I take that back. For Brave New World, they did Sign and Clansman as well as Dream Of Mirrors. Wow, it's really been some amazing years of touring with all these big epics being performed.

And :hello: to the lurker named Iron Maiden who I keep seeing likes from. :) I hope you'll be able to make one the upcoming shows.

:hello: to you too and yes im going to the Fort Lauderdale show and UP THE IRONS to you Blood Brother \m/

Yeah, I'm preparing for $40 shirts as I believe that's what they were when I saw them last in Raleigh in 2013. Seems like a normal price for an arena act.

I'm extremely excited that this tour is about to kick off. I'm seeing them a few days after the tour start in Vegas, and I'm going to try and do my best to know little more than the set list for that show. Should be an amazing time regardless.

Back