The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Live at Donnington is so bad that it hurts.

The album, yes. But a set vaguely based on the album with some songs from X-Factor and Virtual XI...

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. From Here to Eternity
3. Man on the Edge
4. The Trooper
5. 2 Minutes to Midnight
6. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Holy Smoke (Tailgunner)
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Fear of the Dark
11. Hallowed be Thy Name
12. The Clairvoyant
13. The Evil That Man Do
14. Iron Maiden

And, just to specify: That set does contain songs that i don't like (FHTE and Wasting 'f**king' Love), but it is representative and does contain some reasonable gems (y'all can judge me, but i love Holy Smoke)

So Heaven Can Wait, then?

likely wasted years but I'm curious on Bruce's comment "we will be playing some songs that we haven't played for a while that I think one or two of our fans will be really pleased"... he may be referencing some deep cuts here interpreting hard core fans being pleased with them or being a wise*ss and referring to classic songs that haven't been played in some time. I'll find out in 2 days regardless.... wow

Well...that confirms a few things:

a) The Chinese Set is probably real, although out of order. I'll not complain of it, i always wanted to see Blood Brothers and Brave New World live;
b) I would replace Tears of a Clown for When the River Runs Deep or even Shadows of the Valley, but, hey, it could've been worse. It could've been Sanctuary;
c) Wasted Years yet again. OK, i'll love to see that, since it's my first concert. But, it's the 3rd execution in the last 4 tours. They're getting comfortable with that song, and i would prefer to see them comfortable with Phantom of the Opera;
d) The "surprise" is Children of the Damned. I'm 100% OK with that, but a lot of people will be disapointed.

One question: which song will end the show? The only song there that have potential to be a "finisher" is Hallowed be Thy Name. a hard to sing song

As I stated earlier probably Wasted Years or HCW. But I think that HCW was dropped, because there is no HCW competition. The chinese set is probably in order apart from BB (should be 7th probably) and WY (last encore).

I think a lot of you are overthinking this. The band has a much different definition than the fans regarding classics and lesser played songs. They don't seem to be much of an anniversary band either. So I'm guessing that COTD is as obscure as we'll get and Wasted Years will be the lone track from SiT.

But hey, I go to album tours to hear new album songs, I don't really care one iota what classic songs are played.

I think that maiden should be more like Rush about setlsit. The fans were begging them to play Jacob's Ladder and Losing It and they listened. I think the last time Maiden did something like that was Ed Hunter Tour.

the problem with the ed hunter tour was the internet was not as huge as it is now. They took votes from commercial fans.... :( Metallica did something similar with a tour where their fans chose the songs.... Maiden did do an anniversary thing in 2007 when they completely changed the set list during AMOLAD tour and added tons of NOTB songs for its' anniversary

I think a lot of you are overthinking this. The band has a much different definition than the fans regarding classics and lesser played songs. They don't seem to be much of an anniversary band either. So I'm guessing that COTD is as obscure as we'll get and Wasted Years will be the lone track from SiT.

But hey, I go to album tours to hear new album songs, I don't really care one iota what classic songs are played.

Maiden fans are like football/soccer fans: we always think that we know the best and we'll complain if the coach/Steve doesn't pick the player/song that we want...but we'll chant fot the team/band anyway.

IF the set is exactly the chinese one, i'll have just 1 comments: Not a single song form all albuns post-2000 except BNW. They could've choose a slightly more balanced set

As I stated earlier probably Wasted Years or HCW. But I think that HCW was dropped, because there is no HCW competition. The chinese set is probably in order apart from BB (should be 7th probably) and WY (last encore).

Or maybe they rehearsed BB and WY, opted for other songs. Those songs were censored by the Chinese and they choose those 2 to replace

IF the set is exactly the chinese one, i'll have just 1 comments: Not a single song form all albuns post-2000 except BNW. They could've choose a slightly more balanced set

we must remember they have never played china. China would likely want to hear a lot of classics having never heard anything. That may be why that set list is visible and made that way for them...

as for the picking songs thing, I agree I think many would pick classics and be buttheads about it. An all deep cut set list would be hard for the band too though. Somewhere in Time for example sounds bad unless you use the original equipment GK 250MLs, ect. Many tribute bands have faced horrid sounds and such with those songs for improper equipment

Oh God yeah, By Request. Fans were picking all the most predictable stuff, rather than rareties.

Something similar certainly would happen with Maiden, unless the poll was directed to hardcore fans in some restrict place like the iron maiden fanclub. In that case, I'm confident we would have at least 2 or 3 never played songs, including Alexander The Great. But I honestly think that Alexander The Great would be chosen even by a larger and not so hardcorish fan base, so it is right to say that even if the poll was directed to all fans, it would be worth it.

If the poll was made on this forum, though, we would certainly see AMOLAD on its entirety again. Yeah, never understood why everybody here seems to love AMOLAD so much:bigsmile:.

^ because it is such an awesome album. Tons of energy, the way it was recorded, ect... never needed a live album because hell, the studio album almost sounded live. I think it's the way all their albums should be

^ because it is such an awesome album. Tons of energy, the way it was recorded, ect... never needed a live album because hell, the studio album almost sounded live. I think it's the way all their albums should be

I like it! I just find it odd that people rank it as high as #1, #2 and #3 very often here. But yeah, we are going off topic! My bad!

It would depend on the method of voting as well. Metallica had people voting on the entire set, if i'm correct.

Consider this to Maiden:

Person A votes for The Trooper, The Pilgrim and Wrathchild
Person B votes for The Trooper, Futureal and Sign of the Cross
Person C votes for Alexander, The Trooper and Moonchild

Even if some deep cuts were voted, The Trooper would've been the only certain. The same happened to Metallica, and will happen to every band that tries to do that

Back