The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Journeyman pls? Rainmaker? Something from a matter OF life and Death? Why they don't go out that comfort zone, is a band that still could play any song they have
Because the purpose of this tour is to promote the new album and not to dig up stuff they haven't played in aeons.

Also just read an IMFC interview with Nicko and he said that he vetoed to play Tears Of A Clown, which originally wasn't planned to be performed, which explains a lot, because Bruce said they will play 5 songs from TBOS and the Chinese set shows 6.

Also just read an IMFC interview with Nicko and he said that he vetoed to play Tears Of A Clown, which originally wasn't planned to be performed, which explains a lot, because Bruce said they will play 5 songs from TBOS and the Chinese set shows 6.

Can you please link us to the interview? Or... not link, but tell us exactly what he said! :p

And, once again, our Bloody Knight save us.

Nothing against Tears of a Clown, but this spot can be replaced by a way better song

And, once again, our Bloody Knight save us.

Nothing against Tears of a Clown, but this spot can be replaced by a way better song

I'm not so sure about that. What if it's Wrathchild or any other overplayed song? At least Tears of a Clown would be new. In my personal opinion, the more songs they play from TBOS, the better.

Does @matic22 mean 'vetoed' or 'voted'? I can't remember now because it was early last month when I read that article. There hasn't been a FC magazine since then.

for those of you posting desired set lists with a lot of 80s stuff, don't hold your breath. Maiden England was done entirely for them to say goodbye to the 80s. Most of Maiden England was a copy of Somewhere Back in Time and The Early days mashed together. I was beyond livid they rehearsed Infinite Dreams but then decided on Strangers instead. I'm sure Hallowed will be brought back though. I really am hoping for 90s and reunion material. I'd only get excited about 80s if it were REAL DEEP CUTS from Piece of Mind, Powerslave or Somewhere in Time. Other than that, more recent stuff would be desired. I understand if this is your first show, you want classic stuff but for me, I've been on every tour starting with Brave New World except for Dance of Death. I missed that one and can't say I'm mad about it. Much of the older stuff is more vocally challenging too and Bruce may simply not be able to handle those tracks anymore.

My dream list for this tour would include these prior TBOS songs or at least a few of them in order from most desired at the top

Ghost of the Navigator
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
The Pilgrim
Sign of the Cross
No Prayer for the Dying
Be Quick or Be Dead
Dream of Mirrors
The Longest Day
Face in the Sand
Fates Warning
Wasting Love (oddly enough)
Mother Russia

Do they do the drawing the day of the show? I don't know how that works. I'm seeing Maiden for the first time in Tulsa. Any explanation on how that works would be appreciated.
I'm planning on getting there around 10am. Doors open at 6 or 6:30. I'm hoping getting there at that time will get me a decent spot in the pit but I'm not sure.

I honestly don't know. This is my first time entering the drawing... Many shows I went to didn't have the options and others I was not a fan club member and didn't get the opportunity to find out.

I'm not holding my breath for anything at this time because I want to live to see them Wednesday night lol

as far as the new album, I hope they play The Man of Sorrows. That is my greatest wish from the new album and tour

Also another thing from that interview... Wasted Years was brought in later by a band member as a suggestion.

just a question; if I post a picture from the show or plane or whatever from Wednesday night, do I need to add a spoiler tag or just avoid posting them all around? I don't want to ruin anything for anyone but they will be on my facebook and youtube page for sure

just a question; if I post a picture from the show or plane or whatever from Wednesday night, do I need to add a spoiler tag or just avoid posting them all around? I don't want to ruin anything for anyone but they will be on my facebook and youtube page for sure

As long as it's in this thread, that's fine. A spoiler tag is useful if you post a lot of pics, as they can take ages to load for those of us with slow connections. The important thing is not posting in any other thread without spoiler tags and a clear indication of what's inside.

Thanks. I was just going to post a pic of the stage set with the band and maybe the plane or venue stuff. 4 pics max... Thank you for verifying that. I wasn't sure if showing everyone the stage set would upset some who like surprises. Just trying to stay safe... What about the set list? Keep that to myself or spoiler tags or what if I post 2 songs that are not from TBOS that may be surprising? I know they will change the set I'm sure at some point

Back