The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Oh yea, Dream Theater opening for Maiden is actually what got me into them. They were so awesome, one of the best opening bands even if the setlist wasn't the best. I still remember the chills I got from those opening bass harmonics from As I Am. I actually don't think I'd recommend seeing them headline unless you're a big fan who enjoys most of their music/whatever is on the setlist. So if that's not you then seeing them opening up for someone else is a better arrangement IMO. I loved seeing them live on the last tour, but I wonder if the casual fan would have as much of a good time.

But I don't want Coheed :( Didn't you get Dream Theater few years ago? Gimme them and you can have Ghost. I'll probably never get a chance to see Dream Theater headlining here and don't care enough to go see them abroad, so them opening for Maiden would be perfect.

Possible places to fly to: Japan, NZ and China. I am thinking NZ. How hard will it be to manage tickets? Should i subscribe to IMFC?

They are touring with a British band in 2015: Sylosis.
I think they said big British band. I've never even heard of them. They're plans must've changed with Bruce's cancer.

Sabaton would be epic! They're the best opening band I've seen. Dream Theater would be really nice, I haven't seen them yet. However I'm sure it wil be Megadeth

Megadeth bored the hell out of me in 99.

Only knew 2 songs I got to admid, but nevertheless Megadeth didn't impress at all

Why would it be Megadeth? I'm not familiar with their touring habits, but given that they're about to release a new album, wouldn't they be shooting for a big headline tour? Maybe gigantour if that's still a thing?

I just have a hunch it will be them. I'm not familiar with their touring habits either, but if what they said was true about touring with a big British band in 2015, why would the plan change?

I think they had plans to tour 2015, but they obviously changed because Iron Maidens plans changed. Megadeth has played only 1 gig this year.

I get that, but I figure Megadeth would've intended that as a pre album warm up tour. They might not want to do that now.

Or all of what I just said could be ignored.. They might have played only 1 gig because half the band quit.

I can't wait for the dates to be announced! If they do Seattle and Vancouver like in 2012, I'm going to both. I may do Texas too if they announce a show there.
I bought tickets for both Vancouver and Seattle for the Somewhere Back in Time tour in 2008, but ended up selling my Seattle ticket. I feel like the same would happen this time around if they do both. Be excited, get tickets for both, at some point realize I need money, and sell Seattle.

I'm sure, as are all of you, that the 3 dates in the U.S. will be coastal... but I hold out hope for a show here in Denver on their return later in the year. I'm guessing that with a big 747, they're going to have to play cities with big international airports close to the venues they'll be playing. Hopefully, that means here on the Front Range. If not, I'll gladly go to Vegas or Phoenix, if either of those get a show. Can't freakin' wait.

And, as long as we're talking fantasy openers... I'd love to see Amon Amarth open for Maiden.

Would love to see open for Maiden but not likely here in the States: Accept , Helloween, Saxon
Would like to see , more realistic : Megadeth, Huntress (Any other Huntress fans?)

I'm sure, as are all of you, that the 3 dates in the U.S. will be coastal... but I hold out hope for a show here in Denver on their return later in the year. I'm guessing that with a big 747, they're going to have to play cities with big international airports close to the venues they'll be playing. Hopefully, that means here on the Front Range. If not, I'll gladly go to Vegas or Phoenix, if either of those get a show. Can't freakin' wait.

And, as long as we're talking fantasy openers... I'd love to see Amon Amarth open for Maiden.
Nice another denver member! Welcome! :D
Nice, I'm just a bit north of you guys. I'm also hoping they go to Denver, that's where I saw them 3 years ago.

The best opening band for Iron Maiden was Ghost IMO. And there are high possibilities for having them again. They are very popular atm.

Back