The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

So, I had a dream last night where I was attending a Maiden show...wake up to find that that Iron Maiden ARE COMING TO NEW ZEALAND!!!! SWEET EDDIE THE HEAD IM SO GODDAMN EXCITED!!!!!
To put it in perspective in Maidens entire career, they have come to New Zealand just TWICE, once during the x factor tour, and once during the Somewhere back in Time tour (which I was lucky enough to witness)
No mortal diction can describe my excitement right now.....unfortunately, it makes the wait for the album even more agonising. Just 9 days....

So we've got 3 USA dates and then 10 USA/Canada dates...

My guess is we're looking at:
- New York, Texas, L.A.

And then at least 3 Canada dates, leaving only 7 for the mainland U.S., probably:
- another Texas
- another California (northern)
- one more East Coast
- somewhere in Florida near Nicko's rib joint
- Chicago
- Seattle
- either Southwest (Arizona or New Mexico) or somewhere in the South (though this is more doubtful)

Or they could do those early dates all in one area, probably East Coast, and spread the rest out over the rest of N.A.

What do you guys think...should I join the fan club for this?

So, I had a dream last night where I was attending a Maiden show...wake up to find that that Iron Maiden ARE COMING TO NEW ZEALAND!!!! SWEET EDDIE THE HEAD IM SO GODDAMN EXCITED!!!!!
To put it in perspective in Maidens entire career, they have come to New Zealand just TWICE, once during the x factor tour, and once during the Somewhere back in Time tour (which I was lucky enough to witness)
No mortal diction can describe my excitement right now.....unfortunately, it makes the wait for the album even more agonising. Just 9 days....

Pretty sure they played Auckland in 1992...

So we've got 3 USA dates and then 10 USA/Canada dates...

My guess is we're looking at:
- New York, Texas, L.A.

And then at least 3 Canada dates, leaving only 7 for the mainland U.S., probably:
- another Texas
- another California (northern)
- one more East Coast
- somewhere in Florida near Nicko's rib joint
- Chicago
- Seattle
- either Southwest (Arizona or New Mexico) or somewhere in the South (though this is more doubtful)

Or they could do those early dates all in one area, probably East Coast, and spread the rest out over the rest of N.A.

What do you guys think...should I join the fan club for this?
It's 13 US cities, plus Canada.

I'm also skeptical that they would play Seattle again, it was one of the lowest grossing cities on the entire Maiden England Tour.

I suspect Philadelphia might get a gig

Very possible. They usually do a pretty big selection of East Coast dates.

I'm also skeptical that they would play Seattle again, it was one of the lowest grossing cities on the entire Maiden England Tour.

YAY!!! I must have read that incorrectly. And you might be right about Seattle. I suspect they might just do a Northern California and a Vancouver date to cover the Pacific Northwest region.

The way it's worded seems to indicate ten more dates split between the two:

"...back to the USA at the end of March for ten more cities covering the USA and, of course, CANADA in the first two weeks of April."

Looks like I'll have to travel to see them this time. Not super thrilled about that but then again the amphitheater they play at here sucks.

along with full details of what Maiden fans can expect from The Book Of Souls World Tour
Hm, so if they are releasing their first double album now, how about they start playing their first double sets on this tour? :p

Anyway, hopefully if they come here or somewhere close, they'll bring some cool (big) opening bands, like Megadeth or Mastodon or Iced Earth... maybe even Sabaton. Just not any bands from band members' kids or some mallcore crap like Avenged Sevenfold.

I can probably see The Raven Age opening for them, seeing as though Steve's son is in that band.

But I'd love to see Sabaton be a support, two of my favourite metal bands together, that would be phenomenal.

Ghost would be a nice opener too!

Ghost would be awesome. I don't care for their music much but I'm a bit interested in seeing them live and being attached to a Maiden show would be perfect incentive.

Megadeth seems like they kinda suck live but they'd probably be fun anyway. Iced Earth would be good as long as they don't play too much new material. Guess you could say I'm a Play Classics! IE fan :p

As much as I diss their current direction, I think Queensryche would be a great opening band for this tour. They put on a decent live show from what I've seen and I'd love to hear some of those classics played live. I'm not likely to go see them headline, so putting them in front of Maiden would be perfect. Plus it seems musically appropriate.

I don't want Ghost, I already saw them opening for Maiden! :p

And yep, QR would be cool. I was thinking and while I love Slayer, I wouldn't like them to open for Maiden because I'd pretty much lose all my energy before Maiden even started :p

Lucky! I got Coheed and Cambria :down: how about this: Ghost tours the USA and you can have Coheed this time. :p

Slayer is another band I probably wouldn't see headline. I guess that's what I look for in opening bands, bands I wouldn't see headlining but am still interested in seeing live.

But I don't want Coheed :( Didn't you get Dream Theater few years ago? Gimme them and you can have Ghost. I'll probably never get a chance to see Dream Theater headlining here and don't care enough to go see them abroad, so them opening for Maiden would be perfect.

Back