The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I know that's not feasible :( I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Split is probably my best option but I can't plan that much ahead yet.

Even if you know the setlist from the first show, thay can "surprise" you with dropping a great song and replacing it with Wrathchild :p.
That's what they did to me! Opened TFF tour in Dallas where they played BTATS. i looked up the setlist & then i saw them the next night and was shocked when they replaced it with Wrathchild. What a shaft that was!

That's what they did to me! Opened TFF tour in Dallas where they played BTATS. i looked up the setlist & then i saw them the next night and was shocked when they replaced it with Wrathchild. What a shaft that was!

They also swapped out Passchendaele for DoD ... glad I live in Dallas so I saw BTATS :)

I'm not sure what the mistakes were .. but in the Dallas show they played
Paschendale and BTATS which were swapped out for DoD and Wrathchild in future shows.

Probably the one real "unique" Maiden show I have gone to

I know many were disappointed when they dropped Pashendale. But Dance of Death for me was the highlight of that concert. And I would take it live any day over Pashendale. I also think it works better live.

I know many were disappointed when they dropped Pashendale. But Dance of Death for me was the highlight of that concert. And I would take it live any day over Pashendale. I also think it works better live.

Yes, me too, Dance of Death and Wicker Man are my 2 favourite songs post-reunion. But i would love to hear Paschendale live one day, and, if they dropped it because of mistakes...well, they aren't getting any younger

They just weren't on the same page when doing Paschendale live on that tour. Like not knowing when to enter/exit certain parts. Check this video from 4:40...once the mistake happens Bruce is like "Ehh what the...?!" Looking around at Steve. They also did a couple of mistakes just playing the intro at certain shows and I think in the end they just decided to bin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paschendale was played to perfection the gig I went to (San bernardino/San Manuel amphitheater ). The problem was the play classics crowd' not knowing the song and cheering as though it was done every time change! But we in the know loved every bit. Pyro synched to perfection. ( Damn I love outdoor venues!)

They just weren't on the same page when doing Paschendale live on that tour. Like not knowing when to enter/exit certain parts. Check this video from 4:40...once the mistake happens Bruce is like "Ehh what the...?!" Looking around at Steve. They also did a couple of mistakes just playing the intro at certain shows and I think in the end they just decided to bin it.

What a weird mistake, but i don't know, i kind of enjoyed the song with that pause :D

Back