The Next Album (expectations / desires)

I think that's just Adrian, that's all. Nothing to worry about. This the man and his character, he's a quiet guy, that's all.

I heard an interview with Nicko on the radio yesterday, where he said that the plan was to start writing for the next album in November/December this year and to go into the studio in January, with a tour following possibly in the autumn. So presumably we'll see the next album around summer time. Rumours it will be entitled Majesty of Gaia were not confirmed.

national acrobat said:
Rumours it will be entitled Majesty of Gaia were not confirmed.

Of course not, since it will be called Twins Of Fate... duh.

Both these suggestions sound more like candidate names for Bruce's next solo album, if he intends to make one. Maiden's next album is of course going to be named "The 15th Dimension". Oh, wait, that sounded like something Gamma Ray would come up with. I don't think Steve should phone me for name suggestions, I suck at those.

national acrobat said:
Rumours it will be entitled Majesty of Gaia were not confirmed.

Are you kidding? Again this title? It was also the rumour for BNW. I think it actually was a joke by a certain Maidenfans forum member.

I remember that Rod Smallwood (or a bandmember) even dismissed it, because it got mentioned too often.

I'm quite sure that NA was speaking with his tongue planted firmly in cheek, Foro.

I'd like that for the sake of quality. But by saying this I am recalling an earlier argument, to be found on page 1 of this thread.

Eddies Wingman said:
Both these suggestions sound more like candidate names for Bruce's next solo album, if he intends to make one. Maiden's next album is of course going to be named "The 15th Dimension". Oh, wait, that sounded like something Gamma Ray would come up with. I don't think Steve should phone me for name suggestions, I suck at those.

I think that would be something Blaze might come up with.  :innocent:

Hi,

I hope the next album has few song the starts with long intros with a guitar that starts to play a celtic type melody after 2 bars.
(Seriously this has been done to death since Fear of the Dark).

Dont have long repeative choruses like on the last 5 albums.
Dont have all the songs in the key of E.
Please make more varied songs, with cool drum fills, more uptempo stuff like The Trooper,The Prisoner, Only the Good Die Young, and please experiment more like Bruce does on his last solo albums.

Cheers,

Heads up everyone! From an interview with Nicko on Classic Rock magazine, June issue: "We'll start writing at the end of the year and then record it early in 2010. Two or three months is all we actually need. Then we decide how to go on tour with it"

Adding all the numbers, I figure out the album will be released May-July next year. I hope they'll speed things up a little bit, I just can't wait for it!

My first post here, found the forum to be a very fun read.

I've always liked Maiden's titles coming from books and movies and I thought it might be fun to put some out there that would make great maiden titles.

These are old movie titles from 30's-60's

LONELY ARE THE BRAVE
DARK VICTORY
Act of Violence
The Bad Seed
Fiend without a face -hilarious movie actually
Flying Leathernecks
Gate of Hell
I Bury The Living
Look Back in anger _plenty of other songs with similar title, but maiden could do something with this.
Paths of Glory
The Screaming Skull
This Island Earth
The Unknown Soldier
Branded to Kill
A bullet for the General
The fickle finger of fate
Hell is for Heroes
Mutiny on the Bounty​

I too would love to hear another air combat one.  But I can't wait, I remember after Dance of Death, i enjoyed it but wasn't expecting more I guess I was pessimistic but still grateful that I loved the album. I really haven't stopped listening to AMOLAD, and when bruce teased us live about the next time he'd be in town, i haven't stopped searching for answers on when I'll get to hear it.  So thanks a lot for all your efforts!

Zeppelin88 said:
Hi,

I hope the next album has few song the starts with long intros with a guitar that starts to play a celtic type melody after 2 bars.
(Seriously this has been done to death since Fear of the Dark).

Dont have long repeative choruses like on the last 5 albums.
Please make more varied songs, with cool drum fills, more uptempo stuff like The Trooper,The Prisoner, Only the Good Die Young, and please experiment more like Bruce does on his last solo albums.

Agreed. Remember when songs over 6 minutes were the long songs. Now it seems they're the short ones!

Would love a nice mix of song lengths like Piece of Mind or Powerslave or even DOD.

Would love for Caveman (or Steve) to be a little more willing to edit. Two examples are Dream of Mirrors and Nomad. I really like these songs, but even Bruce sounds tired after the 20th repetition of the chorus of Mirrors, and the instrumental section in the second half of Nomad seems to run a few bars too long before each change. A little more editing and they could have been classics.

Finally, I really like AMOLAD, but the band seemed to be just a little bit slow. Like they were playing at 85% speed instead of 100%. Maybe it's age, but pick up the tempo a bit and album #15 will be amazing.

Habberdasher said:
I really like AMOLAD, but the band seemed to be just a little bit slow. Like they were playing at 85% speed instead of 100%.

I beg to differ. The entire atmosphere of the albun is around these slow tempo melodies and beats. They make up the entire musical style of the album, which is great, IMHO.

I didn't mean to imply bad, just that the songs on AMOLAD in general had a slower tempo than on past efforts. I guess I meant to say I hope the new album has more varied tempos. Ah, who am I kidding, if it's as good as AMOLAD then we all win!

I'm hoping for something spontaneous, or at least legimately creative like they were making up until 2003, not superficial and overdone like the last two albums have been. Seriously, Maiden are becoming a studio band, the artistic feeling is gone. It's like they're using a machine to write the music now.

ShadowWave said:
I'm hoping for something spontaneous, or at least legimately creative like they were making up until 2003, not superficial and overdone like the last two albums have been. Seriously, Maiden are becoming a studio band, the artistic feeling is gone. It's like they're using a machine to write the music now.

Don't you agree that listening to AMOLAD might take more imagination than throwing around the terms you just did? Like this, your comments lack the slightest form of explanation.

Why superficial?
Why overdone?
Why are they becoming a studio band?
And what does that mean anyway, when you realize they release one studio album every three or four years?
Why is the artistic feeling gone?

Back