The inevitable 1990s tour after Book of Souls Tour ends

Was many years ago that I left home and came this way
I was a young man, full of hope and dreams
But now it seems to me that all is lost and nothing gained
Sometimes things ain't what they seem
No Stanley Cup, no Stanley Cup
No Stanley Cup, no Stanley Cup

If they want to sell more albums and video discs (or whatever tangible medium is actually sold these days) ,
then the band should play lots of Blaze material that was never performed by Bruce before.
All the fans will want to buy/own copies of that.
Well, just about anything other than the Angel and the Gambler (unless it is edited down to a mere three minutes or so).

I could see the band doing something like the mini-2007 run where they mixed the AMOLAD tour with the 25th anniversary of TNOTB. Next year is the 25th anniversary of FOTD if they wanted to go that route. If more shows are added in 2016, this year is the 35th anniversary of Killers. If that Riot Fest rumor I heard is true, a tour that commemorates Killers might not sound too crazy since that fest tends to cater to a punk/metal crowd.

I guess a 90s tour would mean Adrian Smith only gets to play rhythm guitar. Or maybe he could take some of Jannick's solos. Adrian's revenge!

I could see the band doing something like the mini-2007 run where they mixed the AMOLAD tour with the 25th anniversary of TNOTB. Next year is the 25th anniversary of FOTD if they wanted to go that route. If more shows are added in 2016, this year is the 35th anniversary of Killers. If that Riot Fest rumor I heard is true, a tour that commemorates Killers might not sound too crazy since that fest tends to cater to a punk/metal crowd.

The only way I'd be okay with a FOTD/Killers show would be if they honored them by lightly touching on the best songs. Basically, this kind of a set list would be cool and realistic if they chose to do such a thing:

01. If Eternity Should Fail
02. Speed of Light
03. Be Quick or Be Dead
04. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
05. The Trooper
06. Murders in the Rue Morgue
07. The Red and the Black
08. Wrathchild
09. The Book of Souls
10. The Number of the Beast
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---
13. The Wicker Man
14. Killers
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

If the band didn't celebrate anniversaries for POM/Powerslave/SIT/SSOASS, I have no idea why they'd even bother with Killers or FOTD.

The only way I'd be okay with a FOTD/Killers show would be if they honored them by lightly touching on the best songs. Basically, this kind of a set list would be cool and realistic if they chose to do such a thing:

02. Speed of Light
03. Be Quick or Be Dead
04. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
05. The Trooper
06. Murders in the Rue Morgue
07. The Red and the Black
08. Wrathchild
09. The Book of Souls
10. The Number of the Beast
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---
13. The Wicker Man
14. Killers
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That is a...cool set, in fact. I would enjoy it a lot. Although i would make a few changes

02. Speed of Light
03. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
04. The Trooper
05. Killers
06. The Red and the Black
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Wrathchild
09. The Book of Souls
10. Hallowed be Thy Name
11. Wasted Years
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
---
13. Be Quick or Be Dead
14. Idles of March/Murders in the Rue Morgue
15. Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter

I figured that, since we are trading songs for shorter ones, we could add one more sone without too much repercussion

Back