The Great Unknown

How good is The Great Unknown on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Just a brutal assault when the the heavy part kicks in.
The only thing I can think of that's comparable is BTATS

At last a calm intro that fits the song and that is not boring.

I dig the intro and outro. Also another thing I'm noticing is the sound is pretty fantastic on all songs so far, I guess that's due to better production. A little unsure about Bruce's voice on certain bits, but the solo's are A +. Got a bit of a DoD vibe in certain bits but that's probably due to a similar riff as in one of the DoD songs.

The more I listen to this one the more its growing on me, I absolutely love the pre-chorus and chorus.

The vibe in general wouldn't be out of place on AMOLAD, the lyrics seem to be in that general vein as well.

In the 2nd tier of very good songs on the album. Liked it very much from first listen. Love the build up intro. Not a huge fan of the quick drumming harmony portion. Similar to X factor stuff & Childhoods End type FOTD stuff. But, over all, this is a great song.

The sad thing about an album this good is one track has to be your least favorite but that doesn't mean it's a bad song

Official Lyrics:

Winter softly falling to the ground
Calmly waiting don’t you hear a sound
When the world has fallen to the depths below
Where the future’s open and the fear has grown
And the path to follow to the great unknown
Where the dark has fallen and the seed is sown

In the selfish hearts of some
The nightmare’s coming
With the spilling blood of others
Now wringing through
Now the cup is spilling over
Wake to news of death
And the prophecy of sages
Destiny is met
To the depths of human mind
The cry is burning
With the mentor’s anger
Of the lesson ringing true
And for those who live by and are dying by the sword
They will take their ideals with them
Justify their end

Where the fools are lying and the meek are crying
Where the wolves are preying
On the weak alone
Where the sons are dying
Hear their mothers crying
And the distant sound of fire
Begins again

Never ending the desires of men
It’ll never be the same or calm again
In a time of changing hearts
And great unknown
It’ll be the damnation and end of us all

Where the fools are lying
And the meek are crying
Where the wolves are preying
On the weak alone
Where the sons are dying
Hear their mothers crying
And the distant sound of fire begins again

Never ending the desires of men
It’ll never be the same or calm again
In a time of changing hearts
And great unknown
It’ll be the damnation and end of us all

When the world has fallen
And we stand alone...

Really digging this one....
Great main riff and the verse vocal lines are cool-)
The solo at around 4:30 is awesome.
I think it's Adrian.
Not going to give it a rating yet as have to let it sink in for a few days...

The surprise of the album and the only great short one of the album. Great build up, great riff, great lyrics, great vocal lines.

This is becoming the second-listening grower. Super song and one I all but completely overlooked first time around. This is going to be one I listen to a lot in future

This track, I haven't fallen in love with it yet, but I like it more and more every time. Just like Starblind off TFF.

This is becoming the second-listening grower. Super song and one I all but completely overlooked first time around.
This exactly. On the first listen I was like "this ain't bad, but I sure hope there are better songs". Then I played it two more times so that I can say something about it here and it clicked immediately. Insanely catchy chorus once it clicks. Very AMOL&D-ish too.

This one definitely feels like it could have been on AMOLAD. I love the first line when Bruce sings "Winter softly falling to the GROUND!"
Musically there is a lot to like here, especially the clean guitar parts, and the song is well structured to keep from being repetitive. It gets lost among the larger scale epics, but deserves more attention.

It was about this point that I started getting AMOLAD feeling about (first half of) this album, although I think this song has a lot more flow to it than your average AMOLAD track. Love the guitars climbing away there in the background in the first minute and a half, and the prominent solos, although the sudden cut off towards the end is strange. I can't believe this is over six minutes, it feels shorter

Back