The Future Past Tour 2024

Bruce's voice is not a problem. I mean, in 2022 he closed the set with Aces High, which is difficult for a 20 years old. All in standard tuning.
I don't think Bruce will lose more high notes at this point, but even in that case, they can still drop the tuning and he wouldn't has the smallest problem.

Nicko, on the other hand, is another matter. I'm sure he's not giving 100% every night of a tour (he said that in 1988 ) to keep the overall performance good, but he's only getting older and it's not gonna be easy. That being said, in Calgary last year Steve asked to slow down CSIT. Even after what he had Nicko is still capable of surprising.
Where is Steve's signal to slow down?

To be honest, we don't know if or when they do anything in the future. Yes, we know all about this year's tour (still a few dates should be confirmed) and we briefly know about the band's plans for 2025 - a big stadium tour is coming as some people state. Now it's hard to say Iron Maiden is going to continue The Future Past for the third year in a row or start a brand new project, probably related to the 50th Anniversary Inauguration. I think (just my own opinion, nothing else) this band has never tended to celebrate their anniversaries in the past, maybe here and there but it wasn't a rule in their world. So they may start a completely brand-new tour (the most unlikely album one) or just add the third leg to TFP with some setlist updates. I think both options are in the cards 50:50. And about the new album. So, "Senjutsu" was recorded in 2019 and released 2 and a half years later when touring and pandemic restrictions interrupted the release and (then) promotional process. I don't think Iron Maiden recorded new music during 2020 - 2022 no way they could keep it all in secret nowadays. And recording brand new music "in a hurry" isn't a good idea at all. If they release yet another album it would be composed and recorded in the right time with reflection, preparation, and a true will to present new music. They don't need to hurry up at all. I think the nearest time for a recording session is late 2025 (a few months in Autumn/Winter) or in the first half of the next year (2026) and slate the release of new music in September of the same year - just in the traditional manner.

Agree with everything but I think IF they want to release new music they could record it in early 2025, let's say from February to April. But then again, we don't know when next tour will start (might happen later than usual) and if Bruce or other band's members have solo gigs planned.

I do find it curious that they had plans until 2026, I don't think 3 years of TFPT followed by 1 year of a new tour makes sense, which kinda makes me lean towards a new 2 year tour starting next year.
That's the most likely scenario. My idea of them doing just one year of touring came up because it would make sense for them to release (and tour) a new album by 2026, sort of a 2003 tour. But it's very unlikely mostly because of the costs.

Assuming 2025 is a new tour (legacy or new album) and not a 3rd leg of Future Past, will they keep Alexander in the set list so that Greece can finally hear it?

If we were talking about a normal band, they would play Alexander in Greece and remove it from the setlist after that.
Considering the last time they switched songs during a tour was 3 or 4 times in 2010 (unless we count the dropping of Wrathchild in 2014 too), I doubt that will happen, so Alexander might stay.

If Maiden isn't going to do a new album tour in 2025, I hope they do something radical and wild for the hardcore fans like an "epics tour". They could play Alexander, Rime, Seventh Son, Dune, Hallowed, Phantom, Sign, and some reunion era epics they haven't played like Parchment and Nomad.

If Maiden isn't going to do a new album tour in 2025, I hope they do something radical and wild for the hardcore fans like an "epics tour". They could play Alexander, Rime, Seventh Son, Dune, Hallowed, Phantom, Sign, and some reunion era epics they haven't played like Parchment and Nomad.
I like the idea in theory but I don't think it works in practice. A setlist requires flow and pacing. You can't just play 10 10-minutes songs in a row, there has to be room to breathe. Playing too many epics will cut down on the number of songs played as well.

The song you mentioned + Iron Maiden already sum up to a total of at least 1 hour 30 minutes and 32 seconds. That ain't happening and that's before we consider legal issues with The Nomad.

Back