The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the tour.

I was wondering, on the tour poster we can see rain in the futuristic part and sun (basically a vortex) in the Senjutsu part - so could that be a hint? Or is it just a Blade Runner reference. I doubt they will play Rainmaker or Sun And Steel as much as I want them to.

There's like a 99% chance that there won't be any of those deep cuts that people keep wishing for. Of course I'd love something like Rainmaker (Sun And Steel can go die in a fire though :D) but there's no way it'll make the setlist.

I hope that one day, when extended tours or recording new music are not an option any longer, the boys will do something like in the vein of the Abbey road session, playing live in studio some of the deep cuts we all would like to hear.
That would be awesome. Personally I would dig a tour of songs they never performed live. That will never (or never should) happen but this would be an excellent alternative.

Last edited:
I could see another Senjutsu scenario, where they utilize the off season to work on a new album and then release that a couple years down the road after the latest tour is finished.
From Steve's comments it seems that the band's priority now is to play live, so if there is another album, then I guess it will be recorded after the end of this tour in 2025. Or they will record it and release it in 2026 (5 years after the previous one). They are in no hurry.
I hope that one day, when extended tours or recording new music are not an option any longer, the boys will do something like in the vein of the Abbey road session, playing live in studio some of the deep cuts we all would like to hear.
Fantastic idea! For all songs really, with backdrops. :)

I realised i'm a bit late but i haven't seen Maiden since 2013 and would love to see this tour but it seems all tickets in the UK are sold out :(
That’s because tickets went on sale months ago. For a band like maiden you have to act quickly, usually all tickets are sold out in a few days.

Loving this video honestly!
Doesn’t really say much apart from it being another optimistic view that the band will carry on for years to come.

Steve Harris has been asked about Maidens retirement in every interview since Brave New World and he’s responded exactly the same every time:

“We’re still having fun and will continue as long as our health lets us”

It’s a stock reply that he gives every time. I truly hope maiden have at least one more studio album and one more world tour after the future past tour is done however, I’m doubting this will happen.

I want the band to stop before they become a parody of themselves and before Bruce’s voice starts to really go downhill.

I’m lucky that I’ve been a fan for over 30 years and seen them on every tour since 1995 and I get that there’s a lot of new fans that have only been into the band for a short while who want them to go on for longer. Time gets us all in the end.

That’s because tickets went on sale months ago. For a band like maiden you have to act quickly, usually all tickets are sold out in a few days.
Incorrect, in my experience. I've seen Maiden about 15 times in Ireland and the UK since 1996 and never have I had an issue getting a ticket. Now, I always normally buy early but they never sold out. I've had mates buy tickets on the day for several Maiden gigs I've been to, plus I like to check online myself on the day just to see if its sold out and it never is.

The demand for tickets for this tour is unprecedented, I believe.

I've never seen a Maiden tour poster with Sold Our written across most of the dates, like I see for this tour.

Am I surprised? You're fuckin right I'm surprised. I had SiT down as a cult classic and didn't think Senjtusu devastatingly rocked the worlds of casual fans.

Maybe people think its the last chance, maybe 1000s of people have stayed away for years and lost their shit when they heard SiT mentioned. Fuck knows. But I heartily regret waiting a week or two before buying tickets because all the good ones were gone. Not 1 face value standing ticket was available for Dublin or any UK gig when I went to get tickets 1 or 2 weeks after they went on sale Unheard of.

Am I surprised? You're fuckin right I'm surprised. I had SiT down as a cult classic and didn't think Senjtusu devastatingly rocked the worlds of casual fans.
Maiden are probably bigger than ever, and they just finished their most succesful and spectacular tour ever. It's no surprise that they sell out arenas in no time given they are a stadium band in a lot of countries.

Doesn’t really say much apart from it being another optimistic view that the band will carry on for years to come.

Steve Harris has been asked about Maidens retirement in every interview since Brave New World and he’s responded exactly the same every time:

“We’re still having fun and will continue as long as our health lets us”

It’s a stock reply that he gives every time. I truly hope maiden have at least one more studio album and one more world tour after the future past tour is done however, I’m doubting this will happen.

I want the band to stop before they become a parody of themselves and before Bruce’s voice starts to really go downhill.

I’m lucky that I’ve been a fan for over 30 years and seen them on every tour since 1995 and I get that there’s a lot of new fans that have only been into the band for a short while who want them to go on for longer. Time gets us all in the end.
I think at this point the following years will be...

2023 - Future Past Euro
2024 - Future Past N. America/Everywhere Else
2025-2027 - New Album packaged with a 'Farewell' tour

I just don't know why everyone is pumping that farewell tour card, since the band has stated numerous times that IM farewell tour is unlikely.

SMH.

Maiden are probably bigger than ever, and they just finished their most succesful and spectacular tour ever. It's no surprise that they sell out arenas in no time given they are a stadium band in a lot of countries.
You could walk up to the venue and buy a ticket on the day for the Legacy tour in Belfast in 2018 and 2022. And now this tour is sold out in Dublin months before the gig.

Dublin is 2hrs drive from Belfast. Maiden has not, to my knowledge, sold out Dublin or Belfast ever before.

So yes, colour me surprised that I could only get nosebleed seats so soon after tickets went on sale.

The fact that the band fills stadiums in some countries is irrelevant. In 95/6 they played to 60k in South America yet they played to 1k (if even) in Belfast on the same tour.
They may play 70k stadiums or whatever in S.A these days but they don't normally sell out 15k or so arenas in Ireland.

I just don't know why everyone is pumping that farewell tour card, since the band has stated numerous times that IM farewell tour is unlikely.

SMH.

I don't think they would market it as such, but I believe that when the time comes they'll not end it on an album tour. The final tour will be some kind of LOTB-esque hits tour. Basically a farewell tour in all but name.

I don't think they would market it as such, but I believe that when the time comes they'll not end it on an album tour. The final tour will be some kind of LOTB-esque hits tour. Basically a farewell tour in all but name.
My thoughts as well. I doubt they will market a "farewell tour." As a side note so glad I never fell for the shit that Kiss pulls. As far as I'm concerned their farewell was when I last saw them in 2000 with Peter and Ace.

As far as the ticket demand thing goes I think it's a combination of pent up demand from the pandemic (people are now comfortable enough to go to big events again) and the LOTB tour getting such rave reviews that people are gutted they've missed out, so want to take the opportunity to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back