The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close your eyes and picture this, because it's going to happen: 5-6 songs into the FuturePast sets, the lights go out. Just the sound of wind. Silence, then wind, then ".....my son ask for thyself." When that moment happens, the entire audience will shit itself. They will shit themselves and on each other. They will fling poo like howler monkeys, lost in the excitement of seeing something genuinely special for the first time that many of us never thought would happen.

Got a ticket for Dublin. €100 for the back row. 2018 arena show was €70 I think.
This tour is selling faster than any Maiden tour Ive experienced since 96.
I rarely but tickets on the day of release and I always get standing, sometimes weeks after they go onsale.
If they don't play Wrathchild Im gonna set off a fuckin flare.

Back row on sale already, jaysus.

View from back row is still good, been there a couple of times for last minute gigs, the view in the Point is decent from any seat really.

I'm really curious as to what difficulties they faced when rehearsing ID and why it "didn't work". Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever find out, but I can't wrap my head around that one.
Probably just something like length of song, didn't fit the flow of the set, or would have come at the wrong point for the purposes of managing vocalist/drummer fatigue.

Infinite Dreams live would personally mean a lot more than Alexander live, I'd be absolutely made up if they did that.

Last edited:
I don't believe that CSiT is considerably more difficult from a vocal perspective than SoM is however.
CSIT is the more difficult song from a vocal perspective imo.
I gotta think that someone in the band isn't a huge fan of the song, akin to the whole Flight of Icarus debacle.
The situation with FOI was different - a shorter song, easier to play; the tempo was the ''problem''. No ''problems'' in ATG.
I'm really curious as to what difficulties they faced when rehearsing ID and why it "didn't work". Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever find out, but I can't wrap my head around that one.
It's not an easy song to sing live, although I'm sure Bruce will still do it great. Or it didn't fit the flow of the set or something.
I'm still hopeful for *either* ATG or CSiT:

They haven't been played as often as ID, so they have no way of knowing if they "work" or not.
They should play a song to see if it works or not, I agree.
They should divide the gig in two realms the first one is the senjutsu one and the second one should be named Futurealm
They won't open with Senjutsu songs, as we know from Steve. Come to think of it, 5 songs from both albums is the perfect number if they do realms again (like we can see for LOTB tour).
I think that at the end we will get 4 SiT and 6 Senjutsu.
It's possible.

Got a ticket for Dublin. €100 for the back row. 2018 arena show was €70 I think.
I rarely but tickets on the day of release and I always get standing, sometimes weeks after they go onsale.

I wonder how many tickets are being grabbed by scalpers!

So, in the connection with Infinite Dreams, let's speculate, because that's what forums are for and it's fun. Let's say they are going to play Alexander The Great and Stranger in a Strange Land, the songs (most of the) fans have been craving for years. With that move they have played many songs fans have been hoping for years (Icarus etc).

Are there any other songs, deep cuts left to play what they could realistically play?

Although they dropped Infinite Dreams from Maiden England set I think that this song has a chance in the future, maybe on the farewell tour if there would be such thing. Maybe kinda similar situatsion like Icarus, not played when it was supposed to be played (Early days tour, Somewhere Back in Time tour) but in the end boys gave it a chance and it worked wonderfully.

What else, maybe Killers - was absent from Maiden England tour and this lineup has played it together, although it isn't as demanded as Alexander.

Steve expressed desire to play Only the Good Die Young, but again, not as significant nor demanded as Alexander.

From reunion I would say Brave New World, although last played in 2010 so not so long ago compared to others on this list, but still would love to see it make a comeback.

Prepare for the C word...don't imagine Bruce's comeback would be very popular in your part of the world. Possibly worse than Greece!

Are there any other songs, deep cuts left to play what they could realistically play?

I'd welcome the return of Still Life, Translyvania, To Tame A Land, just about any of the No Prayer songs previously played, particularly the title track. I've always had a soft spot for Mother Russia, but that would really be the realms of fantasy. Be Quick Or Be Dead has to be on the list. Some of the Virtual XI tunes might be nice to hear again - Futureal, Lighting Strikes Twice, Two Worlds..

They can play any deep cut if they want, but I'd say:

Remember Tomorrow, Killers, The Prisoner, Die With Your Boots On, Still Life, To Tame A Land (not sure about the last two from POM), Powerslave, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Sea Of Madness, Infinite Dreams (not sure), Only The Good Die Young, Tailgunner, No Prayer For The Dying, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Wasting Love (not sure), Man On The Edge (not sure), Lord Of The Flies, Futureal, Ghost Of The Navigator, No More Lies, The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Coming Home and Death Or Glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back