The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Maiden's track record thats what worrys me, NOTHING is set in stone until they sit down rehearse the song and feel comfortable with it, they simply wont play it just to please the fan demand if the band are not feeling it, all it will take is a 'didnt work' explanation AKA Infinite Dreams
I'm really curious as to what difficulties they faced when rehearsing ID and why it "didn't work". Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever find out, but I can't wrap my head around that one.

I'm still hopeful for *either* ATG or CSiT:

They haven't been played as often as ID, so they have no way of knowing if they "work" or not.

What the actual fuck. Standing sold out in Glasgow and Dublin. Goin for £200 on fuckin Stubhub.

Did Maiden not do a thing in 2010 or 11 to stop ticket touts? Clearly not doin it anymore. One is a tad distraught.

And Ticketmaster list resale tickets that are being sold by 'business sellers.' Actual fuck. Such a fucking scam. I am appalled.
Daylight robbery sponsored by Ticketmaster. Pearl Jam had it right.

Got a ticket for Dublin. €100 for the back row. 2018 arena show was €70 I think.
This tour is selling faster than any Maiden tour Ive experienced since 96.
I rarely but tickets on the day of release and I always get standing, sometimes weeks after they go onsale.
If they don't play Wrathchild Im gonna set off a fuckin flare.

Out of curiosity, what can Maiden themselves do about ticket sales? Do they have any power over that?
Dunno. But they had a thing in 2010 about stoppin large scale resales/profiteering. Clearly didn't work. Probably due to lack of government/industry support.
But Im curious, too. Are there other options for big bands apart from Ticketmaster?

Dunno. But they had a thing in 2010 about stoppin large scale resales/profiteering. Clearly didn't work. Probably due to lack of government/industry support.
But Im curious, too. Are there other options for big bands apart from Ticketmaster?
I know some smaller band can offer tickets directly to their fans but I’m not sure Maiden could do that if they wanted to. I’m not even sure who controls that? The venues?

I know some smaller band can offer tickets directly to their fans but I’m not sure Maiden could do that if they wanted to. I’m not even sure who controls that? The venues?
I assume its the venues and I assume that Ticketmaster are the only show in town in terms of being able to provide the computery shit required for big events.

With Maiden's track record thats what worrys me, NOTHING is set in stone until they sit down rehearse the song and feel comfortable with it, they simply wont play it just to please the fan demand if the band are not feeling it, all it will take is a 'didnt work' explanation AKA Infinite Dreams

My opinion: no incentive.

As a rule of the thumb, an average band will have two major motivations to do stuff: personal views on their art or money. Money-wise, Maiden already has a non-incentive to play any deep cuts (or any band does, really). As much as any social media focused on the fans hate, what draw crowds to Maiden's concerts are not Deja-Vu, Only the Good Die Young or Como Estais Amigos, but The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and Number of the Beast. Of course, Maiden usually goes against this trend when they feel like it (as in the AMOLAD 1st leg), but for pure monetary reasons their best action plan would make a 4 years LotB Tour followed by another 4 years Farewell Tour. We know this won't be the case, exactly for the other reason...

...they love their art. They are a band that are proud of their past and specially current works. They actually treat these classic tours as remembrance lanes and not as a quick-money grabber tour. Which brings to the very likely reason they do not play Infinite Dreams or other songs "heavily" asked: they don't feel like it. Maybe they did not like the arranges in Infinite Dreams, maybe Bruce did not like how he sounded on it, maybe Steve thinks it will tire his fingers, maybe Dave farted in the intro and now they cannot play it without breaking in laugher, the reasons are barely important because the only motivation for a band to play a song they do not like is money and I'm sorry but Infinite Dreams on a set would not increase their box totals in more than 0.1%. After all, this is why we waited so long to see Flight of Icarus: the band was split on how to perform it, so they decided to say "fuck it" and avoided up to the last second. This is a band with 17 studio albums and a band that already knows that will sold-out arenas (in Europe/NA/Asia), festivals and stadiums (in SA) just with a loop of the same 6 classics, so, yeah, they probably just did not like it and chose other song of their endless chest of songs they already know how it works and like the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back