The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense from this air drummer.
Yes, Nicko is struggling, everyone can hear that, but all in all the band is well prepared and in good shape.
If "The Future Past Tour" was an "existentially depressing" experience for him, I'd rather not know more about his life, haha.
Of course, everyone can have their opinion, but this analysis doesn't match at all with the videos I've seen so far and I'll keep looking forward to the concert.
I thought this review was idiotic before, but now it seems to me the only appropriate reaction would be to discontinue the whole website. ‍♂

I’d say it is distasteful using it as a shield to deflect criticism. I was taken aback by how things went here. I can’t imagine the internet calls for Lazarus to take over went by unnoticed in the Maiden camp. I think the harshness in the discussions here at times were unnecessary and bordered on sheer entitlement and I’m sure it was much worse elsewhere.

Last edited:
All that really needs to be said is:

What a fucking superstar - they don’t make them like this anymore!

We have a group of guys all hovering round 3 score years and 10, surviving strokes, cancers various injuries and surgeries playing shows several times a week wiping the floor with many of the bands out there who are half their age. At this stage I’m grateful for every note, every cymbal hit, every gong malfunction, every rant and every prance we get because at some stage it will end (possibly it will have to be a nuclear blast or something).

I said perhaps there was some ongoing health issues but didn't think about it being a stroke. It's astonishing he was able to get out there and do the tour at all! Nicko you are the absolute boss and I pray you get to that 100% recovery. Note that Rod said they were looking forward to "many more tours." Maiden is not finished yet, folks!

I gotta say though, when I saw A MESSAGE FROM NICKO and a video of him talking before I even read the note, I thought for one moment he would say tomorrow would be his last Maiden concert. Got scared as hell, glad it wasn't it and instead the man will hopefully have many more tours to do.
Yeah my heart really skipped a beat there.

I gotta say though, when I saw A MESSAGE FROM NICKO and a video of him talking before I even read the note, I thought for one moment he would say tomorrow would be his last Maiden concert. Got scared as hell, glad it wasn't it and instead the man will hopefully have many more tours to do.
I had that same thought, really panicked for a moment.

Same. Honestly a rollercoaster of emotions, initially I was thinking maybe it was just addressing the near-end of the tour or something, but then realizing what he was getting into and then mentioning his health, I was genuinely worried it'd all end with a retirement notice or something. But thankfully not and it rather sounds like he'd prefer to keep going as long as possible, not that there was any doubt.

I like to repeat myself. Greatest metal drummer of all time. I didn't even realize how far above the rest he was the few times I've posted that in this thread, but Nicko McBrain, in his seventies, following a recovery from a stroke and right-side paralysis, at by his estimate 70% of his normal ability, playing one of their toughest sets ever, still handily beats like 90% of the field, especially now towards the end of the tour where it seems he's slowly regained speed in his right foot and can do the CSiT gallop for much longer sections than he could even at the tour's midpoint.

But yeah. Wow. I guess all the little strange things we've picked up like the guys going up to the riser semi-regularly in Ljubljana and early on in the tour and whatnot did have some meaning behind them. Or the fact that the rest of the guys (Bruce especially) seem like they're working their asses off on stage both for the sake of the fans and Nicko.

Honestly, for God's sake, I would advise Nicko to retire. I cannot imaging him to keep touring in his state of health any longer.

Nobody would be mad at him if he did. You've only got one life after all.

I have to say i cant blame anyone for saying Nicko was this or that on this tour when they didnt know his health condition. Thats not their fault. I personal thought speed wise was pretty much album speed on most of the songs in this set. A few songs on previous tours were a but slower but hey the guys arent in their 20's anymore. I dont think there was too much maliciousness around just what people had observed.

Anyway the main thing is his and the rest of the guys health. Heres to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back