The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense from this air drummer.
Yes, Nicko is struggling, everyone can hear that, but all in all the band is well prepared and in good shape.
If "The Future Past Tour" was an "existentially depressing" experience for him, I'd rather not know more about his life, haha.
Of course, everyone can have their opinion, but this analysis doesn't match at all with the videos I've seen so far and I'll keep looking forward to the concert.

I was at the O2 one night, possibly the same one as him. I wouldn't have paid much attention to the drumming but given all the discussion about Nicko I was keeping more of an ear out than usual and I barely noticed any issues, the biggest one was a rough transition into Adrian's solo in The Time Machine.

I also love how, in an article about how "time is coming" for Maiden, he completely glosses over the others being on top form and conveniently ignores the most energetic member of the band. :rolleyes:

Maiden are mentioned in the general PR blurb, but among the "top acts" we've got Helloween, Heaven Shall Burn, Doro, Amorphis, Beyond The Black, and Donots. If the Maiden concerned were streamed it would definitely be listed there, so I'm assuming it won't be. Bummer because that was one of the chances to get a pro shot recording.

Great Bill:
I hope to watch the following bands:
The Answer
Evergrey
Dark Tranquility
Voivod
Delain
Vixen
Battle Beast
Uriah Heep
Amorphis
Trivium
Hammerfall
Kreator
Megadeth
Doro
Helloween
Maiden
:edmetal:

Great Bill:
I hope to watch the following bands:
The Answer
Evergrey
Dark Tranquility
Voivod
Delain
Vixen
Battle Beast
Uriah Heep
Amorphis
Trivium
Hammerfall
Kreator
Megadeth
Doro
Helloween
Maiden
For me, if streamed, it will be Doro, Beyond The Black, Uriah Heep, Hammerfall, Maiden, Kreator, and some others. :)

It goes with the being-stuck-in-1986. Janick was not part of that picture, so he ignores him. He looks to each of the other members in turn for some sign of approval of his worldview. He doesn't get it from Nicko.

Also, Janick is in good shape and moving well for a guy in his late sixties, which destroys the argument he is trying to make so he just ignores it. He also ignores the fact Dave and Adrian never moved too much when they were younger either.

If the Maiden concerned were streamed it would definitely be listed there, so I'm assuming it won't be. Bummer because that was one of the chances to get a pro shot recording.
Yeah, but at least this time we are sure they will release an official live video from the tour. We might get a live video after the tour for one song.
In 2016, they streamed Wacken and still released a live concert (and before that they had released live videos of 2 songs from the tour - like they did with LOTB, but with 3 songs). And the live streams usually have ''poor'' sound or bad work from the cameraman.
Power Trip certainly will be streamed, but maybe the band won’t be as tight as it is right now.
I think so too. Lots of big names in one place (like in 1983). Let's hope the 3 ''warm-up'' shows will be enough for them.

I was at the O2 one night, possibly the same one as him. I wouldn't have paid much attention to the drumming but given all the discussion about Nicko I was keeping more of an ear out than usual and I barely noticed any issues, the biggest one was a rough transition into Adrian's solo in The Time Machine.

I also love how, in an article about how "time is coming" for Maiden, he completely glosses over the others being on top form and conveniently ignores the most energetic member of the band. :rolleyes:
On that note is Janick still the most lively guy on stage?

For folks who have experience with FTTB:

How early should I be there? I know that it's at most 120 people and the information mail states that while people can show up earlier than the official meeting time, the venue can send them away if it wants. I'm currently thinking about showing up an hour and a half before the meeting time.

For folks who have experience with FTTB:

How early should I be there? I know that it's at most 120 people and the information mail states that while people can show up earlier than the official meeting time, the venue can send them away if it wants. I'm currently thinking about showing up an hour and a half before the meeting time.
It's gone beyond stupid now.

9am to get one of the first 40 spots (barrier with a good view).

Used to be 2pm for the first 10.

And that's the reason why I'm probably not doing the summer ones again. It's become stupid since Covid. The only way that FTTB is salvageable is by adding numbers to the winners in the draw (and removing +1s if a black market with FTTB spares emerges).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back