The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The setlist was great. No doubt about that. However, if they return to Europe next year they should use the possibility to play other songs and mix the things up a bit in my opinion. After I saw this set I am kind of sure the three remaining Senjutsu songs would go down well too. Also, Hallowed should make it's return.

Are you talking about this? https://www.loudersound.com/features/steve-harris-having-us-on-stamps-is-quite-a-thing-for-me

I didn’t really interpret that as anything different than how they usually approach things: tour for a couple years and then focus on a new album after. Unless there’s another interview?
Let's hope you're right. But the band seems to have an appetite for more touring now, and maybe with more rare songs in the set.
The setlist was great. No doubt about that. However, if they return to Europe next year they should use the possibility to play other songs and mix the things up a bit in my opinion. After I saw this set I am kind of sure the three remaining Senjutsu songs would go down well too. Also, Hallowed should make it's return.
It would be cool if they change at least one song, but then again, the setlist has a great flow. I agree about the remaining SJ songs. About Hallowed, isn't Nicko going to simplify it too?
Yupp. It is not popular at all on the streaming services. Deja Vu or Sea of Madness should take it's place!
This doesn't bother Maiden much. And the fans enjoy the instrumental section. I don't think Deja-Vu was even discussed. Sea Of Madness - maybe it is not easy for Nicko, Janick won't have a solo and it wasn't their original choice back in 1986 (and it wasn't played during the whole tour then).

What nonsense from this air drummer.
Yes, Nicko is struggling, everyone can hear that, but all in all the band is well prepared and in good shape.
If "The Future Past Tour" was an "existentially depressing" experience for him, I'd rather not know more about his life, haha.
Of course, everyone can have their opinion, but this analysis doesn't match at all with the videos I've seen so far and I'll keep looking forward to the concert.

Will Download Germany take place next year? This year it was cancelled.
No info yet. Would make sense for Maiden to have some festival like open air in Germany again next year. If is called Download Germany, Königsplatz Munich or whatever. I do not see them at Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park and they are at Wacken this year.

Yes, Nicko is struggling, everyone can hear that, but all in all the band is well prepared and in good shape.
If "The Future Past Tour" was an "existentially depressing" experience for him, I'd rather not know more about his life, haha.
Of course, everyone can have their opinion, but this analysis doesn't match at all with the videos I've seen so far and I'll keep looking forward to the concert.
The guy basically admits his mind is stuck in 1986 - in almost as many words. Now he's seen sufficient evidence of time having moved on that he can no longer ignore it he thinks the world's ending.

I have only pity for him ... :facepalm:

The constant dismissive attitude towards Janick was gross as well. All in all not a worthwhile article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back