The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people say that the drums were pre recorded yesterday. And Nicko didn't play at all.
liarszaz_122cobe_1gbrgkb.png

Don't understand folks who get their jollies out of doing stuff like that...
I have an anecdote relating to this, more than ten years ago now when we were still in school, some of my friends pulled a prank like this when Kanye West played a surprise gig at a small venue in London, they put together a ridiculous fake setlist which included Kanye supposedly performing Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in full, amongst many other improbable songs. So many people were interested in the gig and were fooled whilst the 'setlist' being updated in real time, that it actually ended up getting coverage on quite a few national news websites.

Last time I saw Bruce I said I thought this was another golden period for Maiden, in regards to the Senjutsu album which I think is incredible. I don’t understand the negative comments on this forum about it…)
He said after the tours “maybe another album, you never know…”

I have an anecdote relating to this, more than ten years ago now when we were still in school, some of my friends pulled a prank like this when Kanye West played a surprise gig at a small venue in London, they put together a ridiculous fake setlist which included Kanye supposedly performing Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in full, amongst many other improbable songs. So many people were interested in the gig and were fooled whilst the 'setlist' being updated in real time, that it actually ended up getting coverage on quite a few national news websites.
That sounds like something I would do to be fair. 'Taylor Swift played Piledriver by Status Quo in full'... next minute BBC News and Daily Mail lol.

Kanye playing entire 7th Son, now that is funny :bigsmile:. Being obviously silly is one thing, deliberately trying to fool others is another...

I can't see Nicko drumming more than 1-2 years more. Maybe only next year. Maiden were excellent but Nicko has really simplified a lot of the songs.

Next stop for me is Tampere. Enjoy tomorrow those who are going!
I'm rather hopeful that he'll sort it out. Who knows, wrists that are healing or whatever.

Hell On Earth is phenomenal. One of the highlights for sure. And I got emotional during Wasted Years with the event shirts on the led screens. Feels bittersweet and almost like a thank you and goodbye.
Felt the same during Wasted Years. And Nicko is at least very creative so even with the simplified drum lines you still get great performances. Their clock is definitely ticking at least for extensive touring, man will be 71 this year.

It seems Trooper's fills are gone for good

Interesting. I have to wonder if this is a stylistic choice. Those fills are really not that challenging or fast, especially at the more moderate album tempo they're playing it these days.

In general, he is playing way less sixteenth-note fills and patterns this tour.

UPDATE - he does the fill at the end of the song, just not the beginning. Hmmm.

Last time I saw Bruce I said I thought this was another golden period for Maiden, in regards to the Senjutsu album which I think is incredible. I don’t understand the negative comments on this forum about it…)
He said after the tours “maybe another album, you never know…”
I'd have to disagree with Brucey. I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but apart from a few tracks; Senjutsu is just totally uninteresting and uninspired to my ears, to the point that I can't even listen to Senjutsu in its entirety without totally losing attention. 1999 - 2011 is the golden era to me. I know we shouldn't compare everything; but how on earth someone could listen to Paschendale or Thin Line Between Love and Hate, then listen to equal length songs on Senjutsu and say that it's one of the best albums they've ever done is just totally beyond my comprehension.

Interesting. I have to wonder if this is a stylistic choice. Those fills are really not that challenging or fast, especially at the more moderate album tempo they're playing it these days.
Yeah, I'm not a drummer but wouldn't think this specfically would be demanding enough to be dropped.

I'd have to disagree with Brucey. I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but apart from a few tracks; Senjutsu is just totally uninteresting and uninspired to my ears, to the point that I can't even listen to Senjutsu in its entirety without totally losing attention. 1999 - 2011 is the golden era to me. I know we shouldn't compare everything; but how on earth someone could listen to Paschendale or Thin Line Between Love and Hate, then listen to equal length songs on Senjutsu and say that it's one of the best albums they've ever done is just totally beyond my comprehension.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Senjutsu, although I also quite like most of The Book of Souls.

Yeah, I'm not a drummer but wouldn't think this specfically would be demanding enough to be dropped.
It's funny in 2023, how Steve and co were talking about "we don't know how many gigs we have left, we cherish every single one, it's a blessing blah blah. Nicko will be whatever years old next year" during the promotion for AMOLAD in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back