The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet.

1-day tickets will go on sale later on in the season, when the majority of the line-up is complete.
I shall buy you a dinner and kiss you on the forehead if I'll be able to keep up with it and get myself a one-day ticket

It probably came off wrong because of the wrong verbiage used. Maybe insulted was the wrong word to use. I probably should have said tilted. It tickled me wrong, either way.

I've been sad that this glorious, ultimate fusion tour never was announced anywhere sensibly close to me.

The only gig in Sweden is at a festival that I can't buy a single day pass for. There's not a gig in Denmark either. It went from "Holy shit, I can't miss this!" to "Holy shit, I'll miss this!"

My inability to afford a trip to see them in another country and feeling unjustified by it basically boils down to personal financial problems caused by a stupid whoreson realtor cocksucker motherfucker pissing all over me and claiming that it's been raining - but I'll spare you the details and won't bore you with it.
Well the good news is that this tour will probably go through 2024 and possibly 2025, this probably won't be the last run in Europe.

Eh, considering the whole conservatorship deal it's kinda weird to turn this into a discussion about "passion for music".

I love Maiden, but this seems to be a wrong place, wrong time kind of thing :innocent:
Yeah, at this point, Britney's free to do anything she wants. But, if she did want to tour, that's a license to print money for a promoter.

Yesterday I looked back at the moment Iron Maiden announced the Future Past tour and where I was at that moment.

I was sitting at the kitchen table on my homework day. My father was making dinner and my mother was sitting next to me when suddenly I screamed as if someone was stabbing me in the back. My eyes were so incredibly wide and my heart was pounding when I saw the hybrid of Samurai and Cyborg Eddie on my phone announcing the Future Past tour. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I immediately called my girlfriend to share my excitement, even though she is not a Maiden fan at all, but she was very happy for me.

A few weeks later I was ready to buy tickets when a good Samaritan gave me a presale code on Reddit and allowed me to buy tickets before anyone else! I couldn't believe it and was so excited. Now I have 2 tickets for the show in Amsterdam and it will be the very first time I will take my girlfriend since I took my ad to Maiden last year.

Where were you when Maiden announced this tour, and what was your reaction?

Yesterday I looked back at the moment Iron Maiden announced the Future Past tour and where I was at that moment.

I was sitting at the kitchen table on my homework day. My father was making dinner and my mother was sitting next to me when suddenly I screamed as if someone was stabbing me in the back. My eyes were so incredibly wide and my heart was pounding when I saw the hybrid of Samurai and Cyborg Eddie on my phone announcing the Future Past tour. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I immediately called my girlfriend to share my excitement, even though she is not a Maiden fan at all, but she was very happy for me.

A few weeks later I was ready to buy tickets when a good Samaritan gave me a presale code on Reddit and allowed me to buy tickets before anyone else! I couldn't believe it and was so excited. Now I have 2 tickets for the show in Amsterdam and it will be the very first time I will take my girlfriend since I took my ad to Maiden last year.

I was at home, working remotely. My first thought was: “Great, I need to tell my mates so we know how many tickets we need before the pre-sale”. My second thought was: “Wow, there is room for a second gig at the O2 on a Saturday. What a great opportunity for my daughter to see the band for the first time”.

Regarding the theme of the tour, I was not terribly excited (Somewhere in Time is my least favourite album by the classic 80s line-up), but at least it does not mean an overdose of material off Senjutsu.

Somewhere In Time is also my least favorite from the 80s (not just the classic lineup, but all 7 80's albums), but I appreciate that they're going to be playing material that doesn't get a lot of attention live. I'd much prefer that to something like another Seventh Son tour or playing all of Number of the Beast. It's also nice that after 5 years of Legacy of the Beasts, they're throwing the hardcore fans a bone by focusing on an album that people have been requesting for years.

I was at home, working remotely. My first thought was: “Great, I need to tell my mates so we know how many tickets we need before the pre-sale”. My second thought was: “Wow, there is room for a second gig at the O2 on a Saturday. What a great opportunity for my daughter to see the band for the first time”.

Regarding the theme of the tour, I was not terribly excited (Somewhere in Time is my least favourite album by the classic 80s line-up), but at least it does not mean an overdose of material off Senjutsu.
I swear there is always a backhanded compliment from you hahaha

I think I was here in the forum following the rumours about this tour. I wasn't surprised, but I didn't dare to believe that they would focus on SIT album. Great news since I love both albums and they're some of Maiden's best imo. 5 new songs and 5 songs from a classic album (if it's true) is just perfect, we couldn't ask for more really. And we might hear 7 (or why not 8, they had an idea to play all songs from it) songs from Senjutsu live (like TBOS album), so it's all great. A speical tour for sure.
... but I appreciate that they're going to be playing material that doesn't get a lot of attention live. I'd much prefer that to something like another Seventh Son tour or playing all of Number of the Beast. It's also nice that after 5 years of Legacy of the Beasts, they're throwing the hardcore fans a bone by focusing on an album that people have been requesting for years.
^ This.

Somewhere In Time is also my least favorite from the 80s (not just the classic lineup, but all 7 80's albums), but I appreciate that they're going to be playing material that doesn't get a lot of attention live. I'd much prefer that to something like another Seventh Son tour or playing all of Number of the Beast. It's also nice that after 5 years of Legacy of the Beasts, they're throwing the hardcore fans a bone by focusing on an album that people have been requesting for years.

I agree. If they end up playing 5 songs off Somewhere in Time and 5 off Senjutsu, that would probably mean that I’d get to see 8 songs that I have never seen live before (I am counting on Wasted Years - Yay! - and Heaven Can Wait - Boo! - being played live).

I was imagining a scenario we probably won't see, but suppose so. Maiden gets us all extremely excited and has us speculating about a new stage with a hybrid theme of a futuristic Japanese city or the like with a giant light show and songs like Caught Somewhere in Time, Alexander the Great, Hell on Earth and Days of Future Past passing by. We all hope that this tour is going to have the same atmosphere and grandeur as the Somwhere Back in Time tour or maybe even bigger than that tour.

But suppose Maiden flops with this tour, and it doesn't turn out at all as everyone expected. The stage is not what we thought it would be and may be an unrelated scene that may not connect the two albums at all (kinda like The Legacy of the Beast tour where the Senjutsu stage had nothing to do with the stage set of the 2018/ 2019 tour). The "5 Samurai - 5 Cyborgs" hint wasn't a hint at all and we only get Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Writing on the Wall and an unplayed song from Senjutsu (you can fill in which one) and the rest of the setlist consists of songs we all heard at least once like Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Run to The Hills, Fear of the Dark etc.

Again, I don't see it happening since Maiden has a reputation for having the most amazing stages and setlists. This is, of course, all speculation but a thought went through my head that maybe we are all extremely rejoicing and speculating but nothing at all may come true.

↑ This scenario will not happen. Maiden will not shoot in the foot. They know, expectations are high. Imo, they will deliver.
Worst case, instead of Alexander The Great we will get Rime Of The Ancient Mariner :D

↑ This scenario will not happen. Maiden will not shoot in the foot. They know, expectations are high. Imo, they will deliver.
Worst case, instead of Alexander The Great we will get Rime Of The Ancient Mariner :D
Yeah I said it won't happen, it's just speculation or a "doomsday scenario". It was just a thought. I am confident Maiden will blow this tour out of the water once again. It was more of a "What if" thing than anything else.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind Rime over AtG but it doesn't fit the tour and I think Rime has already retired after the SBiT tour.

NO WAY ROTAM is retired. It's one of their all time Jewels.
Frankly, I wouldn't mind Rime over AtG but it doesn't fit the tour and I think Rime has already retired after the SBiT tour.
Me too. It fits perfectly: a scary story from the past.

In a hotel room in southern California lying in the softest bed I've ever been in, enjoying it all the more because I've been sleeping on a couch bed for the last five years. I didn't actually want to fall asleep in this bed because that would have deprived me of the conscious appreciation for its softness. I was snuggled in so nicely that I couldn't even bother to turn on the bed lamp or reach for the TV remote or for a box of crackers I had on the night stand about 20 centimetres from my head. So the only thing for me to do was scroll on my smartphone, and I read that headline and my first and only reaction was, "Oh God, I love this bed, please let it never be morning".

I miss that bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back