The Final Frontier Reviews Thread

Re: TFF is hands down the best modern Maiden album

This is definitely their best album since 7th son... There are new things on this album that Maiden have never done before, there are things they have been doing since the reunion, and there are a lot of moments which remind me of their glory days. This is such a fantastic album and every song on here  doesn't even feel that long... it goes by rather quick, which is great! Even El Dorado kicks a lot of ass.  :yey:

Re: Still the best review of The Final Frontier

adrian fn rules said:
nice review except for the fact that The Talisman is not long enough for the reviewer to be talking about what is going on at 9:03 of the song, and the description of the guitar solos is nowhere close to what is actually in the song, so I don't know what song the reviewer was listening to...

They only got to listen to it once, so I'd say they did pretty damn well.

Most of the threads need to be cleaned up. I'm sure half the posts in here are worthless.

Yep. I'm gonna let everything die down a bit before starting at it. Quite frankly...it has been too busy the last few days to do much about it.

From page 43 onwards, it should be put on the Madness forum thread. Before that, it should be merged in here.

Perun said:
Most of the threads need to be cleaned up. I'm sure half the posts in here are worthless.

I don't understand this. You have a gigantic forum with a bunch of sub-categories for one band. Even right now, you have to go off the beaten path just to talk about the album because there is no thread for it on the Maiden Chat.

+  Maidenfans.com - Iron Maiden Forums
|-+  The Iron Maiden Commentary
| |-+  English Commentary
| | |-+  The Final Frontier

If I have ten closets half-full of useless stuff, wouldn't be better to just condense it into five closets rather than going through all ten?

Let's just say that forum organization is something we've discussed often, and we like how it's set up currently, but we're willing to listen to suggestions.

It just seems a little difficult to keep up with all the conversations. I have three different locations bookmarked. I understand Maiden have so much material that there needs to be several boards for it and I really like coming here to talk about them. It's the only place on the net right now that doesn't bitch about Maiden not recording another Powerslave.

I'm seeing you guys keep moving, shuffling and throwing away the garbage. I understand if it becomes frustrating. (Trust me, I have two kids who are constantly messing up the house.)

I don't know what else to say, really.

We have a quality standard that we like to keep. A lot of the people who've shown up since El Dorado hit (yourself included) are great posters. A lot more have stayed for a few posts and moved on. And the organization helps that. We've worked really hard to maintain a good community, and well. We're trying to keep up and keep everything in its place.

In no way is my commentary meant to reflect bad lighting on the forums. I think this place is great. I can see you guys work hard to keep it going. It's just the way my mind works, as it always attempts to construct a better means of efficiency.

The thing is, this entire Commentary subforum and its respective subforums come from the time when Maidenfans was still hosting the Iron Maiden Commentary website. Back then, it was useful to have it this way for a number of reasons, among them being the fact that each song on the Commentary was linked to its thread. We've always felt it is much more convenient if you know that the thread for Two Minutes to Midnight can be found in the Powerslave forum instead of having to click through pages over pages in search of the thread in a general song discussion forum. It takes a few clicks, but the way it is set up is very logical.
Obviously, we are always running the risk of discussions being fragmented, but that's what the moderators are there for (when they are not power-abusing nazis who vent their frustration on helpless n00bs ;))- checking to see if two discussions can't be merged. Usually, threads started in other forums about individual songs get merged to the Commentary threads (useless posts being deleted). I guess the biggest problem we have is that there are thousands of discussions in the polls forums some of which may be worth putting in here. I might start pruning that forum soon, but please bear with me because that would be a mammoth task.

OK, so....the Maiden chat section....is that meant for general discussion about Maiden and not anything specific?

I'm thinking like...Maiden Chat - General maiden talk.

Maiden News - News articles and links to those articles on the band.

Maiden reviews - Reviews of each album and concert reviews.

And so forth and so forth.

Meh, just simple thoughts, that's all. In no way will I ever imply running a site is easy.

Think of it this way: The album forums and individual song threads are for specific discussions about those topics. Everything else Maiden related goes in the Maiden chat forum.

Except talk about the band's private lives, which goes nowhere.

Back