The Final Frontier charts' thread

Sorry, but I'm just trying to steer everyone away from the fighting and get back on topic. I sure don't want to see anyone get banned here over stupid, pointless bullshit.

Well, it seems the album is doing amazing everywhere in the world. When I get the charts from Brasil and from neighbour countries, I'll post 'em here.

LooseCannon said:
Everyone can leave the countries alone, right? We don't judge people based on where they're from but by their actions here. That's why we even allow Onhell.

Jeffmetal said:
'Cos he doesn't even look like he's mexican, anymore? :p

Why do I miss out on all the good conversations? :p And Jeff, with all the sun I'm getting lately I have to look out for la migra more than you think :p

As for sales numbers... I know there is a wiki page devoted just to that. Years ago that topic was discussed and I think the thread is still somewhere in the basement.

Don't know how much this means, but the albums is sold out today at Best Buy, Future Shop, and Walmart in Ottawa.

As previously mentioned, TFF is likely to hit #3 in US with about 65,000 copies.
If this happen will be extremely interesting and promising for the future. Just check and make your conclusions :

SALES IN US DURING THE FIRST WEEK

Brave New World  : 38,000
Dance Of Death    : 40,000
AMOLAD              : 56,000
The Final Frontier : 65,000

From BNW to TFF almost the double and I bet that is a new generation of fans who have grown with those albums.

source

ps ; Speaking of Blabbermouth, I'm curious to see if they'll rate the album more than 5/10 *see previews ratings of the Brave era  ;)

It's absolutely astounding to me that this album is setting up to sell 9,000 more than AMOLAD did.  Those numbers are pretty impressive, especially in an age where most folks don't feel like they should have to pay for music.

Actually the U.S number is extremely disappointing, considering the touring that Maiden has done there since 2000. It sold less than freaking "Scream" from Ozzy !!! TFF will be n.1 almost everywhere BUT the U.S and Maiden just finished touring there !!!

The truth is that Maiden never achieved the success they deserved in the U.S and they had to work their butts off to gain whatever succes they had in the eighties there.  Plus the failure of SSOASS in the U.S is what , unfortunately, made Harris change the direction of the band. There's just something in Maiden's music that Americans don't like.

Will-I-Am said:
Too much US  :blink: I hope you've realized that the initial post is speaking about UK  :p

Yeah, I couldn't care less about what the charts in the US are, and I live here  :p

johnglen said:
Actually the U.S number is extremely disappointing, considering the touring that Maiden has done there since 2000. It sold less than freaking "Scream" from Ozzy !!! TFF will be n.1 almost everywhere BUT the U.S and Maiden just finished touring there !!!

The truth is that Maiden never achieved the success they deserved in the U.S and they had to work their butts off to gain whatever succes they had in the eighties there.  Plus the failure of SSOASS in the U.S is what , unfortunately, made Harris change the direction of the band. There's just something in Maiden's music that Americans don't like.

The real problem lies in that good hard rock/metal is not played on the radio (besides on some college and independent stations) and it's not on the television either. Many people here in the states hear what is played on the radio and follow the herd in supporting what is force fed to them by the suits. Many people i talk to do not even realize maiden is still making music. Out of sight out of mind i guess. I have noticed over the years many of my fellow Americans are big on instant gratification. With complete disregard for the inherent consequences. Unfortunately, this is a trend that is gaining momentum.

A Top 5 record in the US, even in 2010, is still a pretty remarkable feat. 

If you would have told me back in 1990 that not only would my favorite band be around 20 years later kicking ass, but releasing a Top 5 album I would have asked what drugs you are on.  It's pretty incredible.

Dude, Zakk f-ing Wylde's Black Label Society was #4 this week in the U.S.. Maiden better seriously outperform that pile of turd

Back