The essential bootlegs?

The Maiden-collector named EAD666 (from France) had very great list of shows on his pages, both dvd and audio but the pages aren't working anymore. I've traded in the past and have some sort of collection..I used to be active but then at some point decided to take some time off..

I had one Blaze bootleg from I think ‘98 “Bueno Vista” something or other. It sounded really good and the band were playing crazy fast and aggressive. I can’t find it now though.

Speaking of bootlegs, what’s the best way to get a hold of some these days. I saw some hubs and such but have no idea how they work or the required etiquette.

I bet it is Buenos Aires gig. One of those boots that have the live album quality as far as energy goes.

The Maiden-collector named EAD666 (from France) had very great list of shows on his pages, both dvd and audio but the pages aren't working anymore. I've traded in the past and have some sort of collection..I used to be active but then at some point decided to take some time off..

The site has been preserved

I don’t know if anyone already mentioned it, but Chicago ‘87 is definitely worth listening.
Not because it is a particularly good gig... but for the exact opposite! It may be the worst Iron Maiden show with the “classic” line-up. From a collector‘s point of view, it’s a gem.

Another FM show from Beast On The Road that I found searching Internet Archive(I can post the .flac somewhere if y'all want), I was wondering if anyone knows of a Chicago FM broadcast out there from 1982? I'm asking because I found that 95.5 WMET had backstage passes and all access to Maiden's show on July 2nd 1982. Also the Chicagofest *whole* show, I had one 2 HDDs ago but that thing is unrecoverable I'm pretty sure.

Is there a good quality or soundboard recording of Madison Square Garden in 2016? I was at that show and it was amazing!

Another FM show from Beast On The Road that I found searching Internet Archive(I can post the .flac somewhere if y'all want), I was wondering if anyone knows of a Chicago FM broadcast out there from 1982? I'm asking because I found that 95.5 WMET had backstage passes and all access to Maiden's show on July 2nd 1982. Also the Chicagofest *whole* show, I had one 2 HDDs ago but that thing is unrecoverable I'm pretty sure.
Thanks man!

@Zare hear this awesome bass drumming by Clive underneath the verses in 22!! (7:22 - 8:30)
For every riff strike a bass drum!!

And underneath Dave's solo!! Wow.

And Adrian is doing stuff underneath Dave's Hallowed intro. Interesting, don't remember him doing that. Clive's footwork in the fast part of this song is also unrivalled imo.

Last edited:
Great kicks, even attack. Fucking phenomenal.
Unfortunately that can't be said about Dave's solo.

The Greediness (Germany, 1986)
1986-11-22-THE_GREEDINESS-front.jpg

Before the days of the Internet, this was the only bootleg documenting the Somewhere On Tour I could lay my hands on. Unfortunately, it is not complete and the sound is not perfect, though listenable.
I have that one! Love the intro, and Sea of Madness. Also, there's a bootleg from Japan in May '81, which is great. Can't remember which of those shows it is from, but I recommend it, as it has great sound and documents that era well. I think it goes under the name Purgatory.

I'll throw my 2 cents on this too

1. Maiden Japan - Has the same name as the official release, don't know if it's the same day but excellent show
  2. Killing time - Another on with Paul, Holland this time, excellent pro audio and performance
  3. Stuttgart 1982 - This FM bootleg has only 5 tracks but the performance on Hallowed Be Thy Name is something else
  4. Hammersmith 1983 - Probably my favorite IM bootleg, top notch Bruce Dickinson over here
  5. Sheffield 1986 - Part of the DMM series, I really love the performances on the SiT tracks and the instrumental, always listen to this one when running
  6. Wembley 1990 - Very good quality bootleg of the No Prayer On The Road tour, Bruce ain't that bad there
  7. Globen 2006 (The version that has a short interview as the first track) - Only pro recording of the first leg of the AMOLAD tour and all songs of the album were played on this one, a must for fans of this album

Back