The Concert Thread

First gig since 2019 last night, and in a nice symmetry it was the same band that I seen the last time, The Darkness. Some very funny moments in the gig, a jacket got thrown on stage and Justin Hawkins put it on during one song. It was a parka with a hood, so naturally, at the end of the song he pulled the hood up and zipped the jacket fully and started playing Supersonic by Oasis. This led to more items being thrown on stage and he ended up in a disguise of a sky blue mac, a red wooly hat and some guys glasses for a few numbers.

Last edited:
Sabaton's tour got postponed to 15th of April... next year. :( That's one thing to look forward to I guess.

Last Saturday I went to see Status Quo in what was my daughter's first proper concert. Blimey, they were brilliant and my daughter did have a blast. The support act, Laurence Jones, was great too. Superb blues rock guitar player.

Next concert would quite possibly be the Manic Street Preachers at a festival in June (another gig my daughter is really looking forward to!), unless there is something local in the meantime that convinces me to go to an indoor venue with Covid-19 cases on the rise.

Sabaton's tour got postponed to 15th of April... next year. :( That's one thing to look forward to I guess.
Still on for the Great Sweden Tour, thank H. I love how Sabaton went, "fuck it, we'll book a 30 date national tour in smaller venues and hope we come close to break even", and Joakim said they probably won't break even. That's some dedication to playing live - They know they'll likely lose money, but they just want to be able to get off their asses.

Went to see Unto Others in Cork last night, great gig with material from both albums and the 3 eps and a few covers thrown in too.

After 2 years and 7 months, I finally attended a massive concert. Sad circumstances (the singer of the band died in January and this was a farewell concert for him), but as soon as the first song was over, it was clear that this will be a celebration not a mourning.

Also, Dino Jelusić (from Whitesnake, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, etc...) was singing 3 songs. This was a highlight from the gig.

What a singer/frontman. 18000 people. It was good to be back in massive concerts. And in Arena Zagreb.

I just checked out the videos with Dino and they should do another tribute concert but without all the other vocalists :p

I just checked out the videos with Dino and they should do another tribute concert but without all the other vocalists :p
Real talk, if I was to choose the best 3 vocalists during that gig, I would pick Dino, Filip Rudan and Aki's son Kristijan.

As far as I'm concerned, they can do another tribute gig, but just with those 3. Each sings 10 songs.

Just saw Seven Spires, Visions of Atlantis, Firewind, and Dragonforce!

Easily one of the best club shows I ever saw; EVERY band did great but Dragonforce 's production BLEW ME AWAY! Giant dragon with red eyes behind the drummer, arcade video game on each side for members to stand on, steam cannons, confetti, huge video screen; WOW ;

Herbie from Firewind joined 7 Spires for one song then Adrienne from 7 Spires joined Firewind for Maniac Flashdance cover;

Only bad thing was merch:.
1. Neither singer from 7 Spires or Visions of Atlantis ever went to merch table to meet fans;
2. Shirts for those 2 opening bands started at $35
3. Firewind had a shirt tagged at $25 but when I tried to buy, was told it was tagged wrong and told it is also $35!

Didn't buy anything

Last Saturday I went to see Status Quo in what was my daughter's first proper concert. Blimey, they were brilliant and my daughter did have a blast. The support act, Laurence Jones, was great too. Superb blues rock guitar player.

Next concert would quite possibly be the Manic Street Preachers at a festival in June (another gig my daughter is really looking forward to!), unless there is something local in the meantime that convinces me to go to an indoor venue with Covid-19 cases on the rise.

Change of plans after being able to get a ticket for a (sold-out) gig this week:

Last concert: Status Quo in Guildford
Next concert: Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in Guildford

Always worth checking if any tickets become available for sold-out gigs!

A mate went to that last week said it was excellent. I probably would have went myself but I had been under the impression it was all Syd Barrett era, which is not my cup of tea.
Set list some days ago

nicksetlist.png
I would go to hear the great ones. I don't mind if they play See Emily Play, Arnold Layne or some of the old ones of the Syd Barret era. It's not my cup of tea neither but if they play Astronomy Domine, Echoes, Atom Heart Mother, Interstellar Overdrive, Set the Controls of the Sun, One of these days…oh man! :)

Last edited:
Set list some days ago

View attachment 19782
I would go to hear the great ones. I don't mind if they play See Emily Play, Arnold Layne or some of the old ones of the Syd Barret era. It's not my cup of tea neither but if they play Astronomy Domine, Echoes, Atom Heart Mother, Interstellar Overdrive, Set the Controls of the Sun, One of these days…oh man! :)

I am not a fan of the Syd Barrett era and my favourite Pink Floyd albums are those released after 1972. Those were the main reasons I did not purchase a ticket when the gig was first announced. It quickly sold out and, after listening to the Live at the Roundhouse album, I realised I had made a stupid mistake not getting a ticket!

Thankfully, I was able to snatch one (returned) ticket a couple of weeks ago.

I am on my way to the gig now. :)

I am not a fan of the Syd Barrett era and my favourite Pink Floyd albums are those released after 1972. Those were the main reasons I did not purchase a ticket when the gig was first announced. It quickly sold out and, after listening to the Live at the Roundhouse album, I realised I had made a stupid mistake not getting a ticket!

Thankfully, I was able to snatch one (returned) ticket a couple of weeks ago.

I am on my way to the gig now. :)
Enjoy it!!!
Yes, quality is guaranteed.

Highlights of the second set: Astronomy Domine and Echoes.

If anyone had told a young metalhead version of myself in the late 80s/early 90s me that I would be watching Spandau Ballet’s Gary Kemp channelling his inner David Gilmour, I would have looked like Drew Barrymore in The Exorcist! New wave! Anathema!!!!

1650488590503.gif

Thankfully I am much older and (hopefully) wiser nowadays. :lol:

Last edited:
Back