The Concert Thread

Well, Judas Priest tonight were god damn incredible! Best gig of the year, yes even surpasing David Gilmour.

Great setlist, incredibly loud (although maybe a bit too loud, I couldn't hear Rob at some points, and I came out of the gig almost deaf), and just really fun. Highlight has got to be Painkiller, christ that was intense. Also, I was surprised at how much Richie took up the limelight. I didn't mind it, he really got the crowd going, and I caught a pick off him - so all is good!

Michael Schenker was really good too, I didn't really know much about his group (not a really big fan of the Scorpions or UFO), but they also got crowd going a lot. Especially during Doctor Doctor and Rock You Like a Hurricane. The lead singer also reminded me of Bruce Dickinson, if he let himself go and hadn't looked after himself, still wore what he did in the early 80s and kept his hair long.
11223481_10207151011725827_1753781441970083503_n.jpg

12299180_10207151013525872_8991723839355176450_n.jpg

Now, when's the next UK tour, guys?

Last edited:
^Yes, pretty much my experience at Bradford the other night, except that the sound was very good. I was very surprised by Richie being the centre of attention, too. I'd fully expected him to sort of slot in with the rest of the band as the new boy, but no, he's at the front probably more than Rob is, constantly interacting with the crowd and throwing picks about. (Well done, by the way!) Having seen him, I don't doubt now that Steve was talking about Maiden when he said he would have had Richie in his band. Not least because he certainly wouldn't fit into British Lion.

http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/judas-priest.26368/page-20#post-556626

The Temple of Rock singer is Doogie White. He auditioned for Maiden in the 90s, before Blaze got the job.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/singer-doogie-white-talks-about-auditioning-for-iron-maiden/

Brixton Fest Pt 1: Anthrax were INCREDIBLE last night. New song Evil Twin went down a storm. The crowd were hugely up for them, and Joey, Scott and Frankie worked them. Great set. Monster pit for Indians. Slayer good too(!).

Getting VERY excited about Priest tonight at Brixton Fest Pt 2. A bit more sedate maybe?

Brixton Fest Pt 1: Anthrax were INCREDIBLE last night. New song Evil Twin went down a storm. The crowd were hugely up for them, and Joey, Scott and Frankie worked them. Great set. Monster pit for Indians. Slayer good too(!).

Getting VERY excited about Priest tonight at Brixton Fest Pt 2. A bit more sedate maybe?

Probably not as lively, but if it's anything like last week, expect a really strong performance.

Forgot to mention, I caught a Frankie Bello pick too, one of my bass-playing heroes as a kid. First pick I've caught in 27 years of gigs! Never give up.

Forgot to mention, I caught a Frankie Bello pick too, one of my bass-playing heroes as a kid. First pick I've caught in 27 years of gigs! Never give up.

Stand near Richie Faulkner. He throws out picks throughout the show.

David Gilmour has said in an interview that he'll be doing more shows at the Royal Albert Hall next September.

I'll be getting tickets to one of those as soon as they are released, thank you very much!

Next year is shaping up to be pretty exciting so far for gigs! :D

Got two more tickets for this year, Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Blackstar Riders in Belfast on Monday night, cant wait! That will be shortly followed by Therapy?, unreal live band.

Been a decent year, notable gigs include UFO, ZZ Top, ACDC, Gojira and most recently Clutch.

Got tickets for Sabaton and Alestorm next year, should be a fun night!

Great Priest gig last night. My first time. Couldn't believe how good Rob Halford still is live at, what, 64? His vocal range is astonishing. Glen T looked a bit of a sorry state in his leather trousers though, might be time to trade them in for something a little looser...

In a frantic dash and scamper, just managed to get tickets for one of David Gilmour's shows at the Royal Albert Hall next September.

Never in a million years did I think I'd get to see him twice in the space of a year.

So my gig list next year stands as:

26th May: Bill Bailey
10-12th June: Download Festival
30th September: David Gilmour

Roll on 2016! :D

Saw Judas Priest tonight, with support by UFO.

I had decided long before I should skip it and just bought the ticket last minute. Impressed by both bands. UFO is a really good band that far too good to do the support/special guest thing, but what impressed me the most was Rob Halford himself. Overall Judas Priest was what I expected, for both good and bad. Not a fan of the band before and I couldn't really call myself a fan after this either, but I'm glad I can put them to my list of legendary bands I've seen together with UFO, of which I am definitely a fan.

I'm seeing Iron Maiden on February 24th; here's a list a list of shows I'm (hopefully) buying tickets to:

February 21st - Voivod w/ Vektor
May 22nd - Primal Fear w/ Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
May 26th-29th - Maryland Deathfest
September 7th-10th - ProgPower USA

Saw Judas Priest tonight, with support by UFO.

I had decided long before I should skip it and just bought the ticket last minute. Impressed by both bands. UFO is a really good band that far too good to do the support/special guest thing, but what impressed me the most was Rob Halford himself. Overall Judas Priest was what I expected, for both good and bad. Not a fan of the band before and I couldn't really call myself a fan after this either, but I'm glad I can put them to my list of legendary bands I've seen together with UFO, of which I am definitely a fan.

So Priest were supported by Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock in the UK and now by UFO in Sweden?
headscratch.gif

Apparently! Maybe the guys were absolutely set on having "Doctor, Doctor" played before they went on? Kinda beats Maidens tape version... :innocent:

Winery Dogs were amazing (my 2nd time to see them)! I also agree about opening band Kicking Harold. The Rush medley at end of great! The babe of a bassist is (I think) according to Twitter Richie K's girlfriend?! Lucky guy if true.

Glad you got to see them too... and yea, KH were great, I loved their Working Man cover as well.. I got to meet them at the end of the show in the lobby, they were really nice, got a pic with them.. and yes, the bassist is very pretty indeed, she looks a bit like Lzzy Hale from Halestorm, which is not a bad thing at all of course:D I didn't know she was dating Richie, or ehr, if that's true, but yes, he is lucky to have her if that's so

Not really a concert, but went to see The Book of Mormon tonight (2nd time for me), incredibly funny and well done. Worth checking out

Back