The Concert Thread

By the way, does @Forostar know that I'll be seeing Helloween next month? :eek:
Hey nice man! :)

Not that the other two guys might suit you better but at least it's good there are several songs without Kiske hehe. Hope it won't be too horrible (it will be LONG though). Hope to see you report (also if it was utter crap, just let us know)!

EDIT:
This was written before I was aware of your Helloween topic post @Perun!
Sounds like it doesn't have to be that bad after all!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018: Iced Earth feat. Sanctuary & Kill Ritual - Old Concert Theater, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
March 2, 2018: Sabaton feat. Kreator - MTelus, Montreal, QC, Canada.
March 20, 2018: Nightwish - MTelus, Montreal, QC, Canada.
March 25, 2018: Judas Priest feat. Saxon & Black Star Riders - TD Place Arena, Ottawa, Canada.

Avocado, Cherry Peppers, Pepperjack, Chipotle Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion

Sounds good. I've never tried Avocado in a burger tho

Oh, it's delicious. Kuma's is a Chicago place originally, but they opened up an Indy location a couple years back and I imagine it's equally as awesome as the ones we've got here.

Here's what I got:
Foo Fighters on Monday.
Alter Bridge next week, I also just got 6th row tickets to Queensryche in March! :D

In the last few days I've seen: Queens of the Stone Age, Run the Jewels, Papa Roach, and Rise Against. Also a really weird Scottish band called Biffy Clyro. The wife works for a radio station and this was their annual "Nights We Stole Christmas" with three concerts in a row at the Aragon Ballroom.

- QOTSA were absolutely phenomenal. They had these really cool light sticks on stage that they kept kicking around, sort of like giant weebles/those big foam sticks you get in a pool + lights. Awesome show.
- Run the Jewels I had no prior knowledge and...it was a throwback hip-hop show and nothing else. Guys on a stage, rapping. Couldn't understand a word but people seemed to like chanting "RTJ" and "RUN! THE! JEWELS!" at least 10 times in every single song...
- Papa Roach put on a shockingly good show, I was surprised. Still not into their sound, but they definitely defied my expectations as performers.
- Rise Against were fine, but the singer sounded like he was singing half a beat late in every single song. Might have been a monitor issue.

Run to the Jewels.... run for your liiiiives!

What was weird about Biffy Clyro @MrKnickerbocker? I've seen them once before headlining a festival and they were OK. I'm certainly not a fan but I don't see what's weird about them. They're basically just bland Rock music. Nothing special, but nothing awful either.

What was weird about Biffy Clyro @MrKnickerbocker? I've seen them once before headlining a festival and they were OK. I'm certainly not a fan but I don't see what's weird about them. They're basically just bland Rock music. Nothing special, but nothing awful either.

Lots of crazy time signature stuff: like a combination of math rock stop/starts and prog rock polyrhythms - neither of which I'm against! However, the singer sang and performed like he was in a drunken bar band. He would just start singing an acapella verse of Joe Cocker in the middle of a song, then go back into the song with the rest of the band. It just didn't add up. It was like math/prog/post-punk bar rock that was both way better than should have been musically and nowhere near as good as it sounded on first listen.

Because i have no chance of ever seeing Pink Floyd, I’m considering seeing Roger Waters next year, but I would have to pay a silly price on a ticket resale site to do so

The other thing that puts me off is he lip syncs live.

I’d rather see Gilmour but he only ever plays London shows.

It's Sons Of Apollo, dafuq?! I have no idea how a new band like them plans on filling that amphitheatre. Do they play DT songs live?
Just read about this. Second set is a “by request” covers set. :facepalm: It’s almost embarrassing how badly this band wants to be Dream Theater. They’re jumping the shark big time with this.

Just read about this. Second set is a “by request” covers set. :facepalm: It’s almost embarrassing how badly this band wants to be Dream Theater. They’re jumping the shark big time with this.

They're just another supergroup amounting to nothing new. We've had Chickenfoot, Black Country Communion, The Winery Dogs and now these in recent times, and how much actually good material have all this talent produced? Sweet & Lynch is a fresh example of something which actually sounds like a band, but otherwise you'd rather hear them all in their respective 'real' bands.

Back