1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Concert Thread

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by SomewhereInTime84, Oct 7, 2014.

1. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Not metal, but just added Brandi Carlile to my list for next year (6/15 at Chicago Theatre). Never seen her before and quite excited. Pretty close seats, too!

2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Last night I saw Helloween on the Pumpkins United tour i.e. the regular members of Helloween plus Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske who were in the band back in the 80s when they released the 'Keeper of the Seven Keys' albums that basically defined Power Metal. You can read my review in the Helloween and Gamma Ray topic, but it was a very good show with a nearly three hour set. :)

On Sunday I went to a significantly smaller gig in Oxford with former World Superbike champion James Toseland's band. He had to quit racing a few years ago after sustaining too many injuries and since he's a pretty good musician as well he decided to form a rock band. They're nothing special and James sings like a poor man's Myles Kennedy but they play upbeat, fun Rock music that sounds really good live.

Today I bought a ticket for a Dutch band called Vuur, Anneke van Giersbergen's latest band. And I told myself I was going to take it easy on the gigs after Christmas and finish the PhD. Oh well, I simply couldn't miss this one.

Current schedule is this:

17/12 Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Tampa
    10/02 Vuur, Birmingham
    03/03 Blaze Bayley, London
    18/03 Sepultura, London
    29/03 Testament, Bristol
    31/03 Testament, Birmingham
    13/04 Epica, London
    04/08 Iron Maiden, Aberdeen
    07/08 Iron Maiden, Birmingham

10-12/08 Judas Priest/Gojira/Nightwish, Bloodstock Festival

The dates in italics are still provisional but I'm pretty sure I'll be going, plus one or two European shows for Maiden too. :)