The Concert Thread

I just bought a ticket for Firewind's London show in February.

Current schedule is:

Sunday: Delain/Evergrey, London (Camden)
December 6th: Iced Earth, London (Brixton)
February 19th: Firewind, London (Camden)
March 2nd: Kreator/Sepultura, London (Kentish Town)
May 6th: Iron Maiden, Dublin
May 16th: Iron Maiden, Glasgow
May 21st: Iron Maiden, Birmingham
May 27th: Iron Maiden, London (anyone else going to this one?)
August 11th: Amon Amarth/Blind Guardian/Testament (possibly), Bloodstock Festival

The Delain/Evergrey gig is another one which I initially bought a ticket to see the support, Evergrey. I've been listening to Delain for the past few months and now I'm more excited about seeing them than Evergrey!

I was never too bothered by Delain until I saw them at Download, and I'm now something of a convert. They're pretty good live.

I missed them at Download because of traffic. Still bitter about that. <_< I have actually seen them before though, at Sonisphere 2010. They played before Turisas on the first day of the festival. I hadn't heard of them before though and wasn't interested in female vocals Metal at the time.

I was never too bothered by Delain until I saw them at Download, and I'm now something of a convert. They're pretty good live.
Same. Saw them at a small venue in Ottawa with about 250 people. Great show, really impressed me. In fact, I bought their tshirt rather than a Sonata Arctica one.

Saw Cavalera brothers playing entire "Roots" album last weekend. What an energy!
With these kind of things you have feeling that it's either be nostalgia act or that after concert you're going to have a feeling: "That was good, but I wish I saw that 20 years ago." Not with this one, though.
They've really demolished the whole arena from first to last song and the setlist was the same as album playlist. Extra thumb up for originality while portraying the whole album - Max had those tribal instruments on some songs, Igor did drum solos on acoustic ones that were played on matrix (Itsary). Circle pits felt so natural on several songs. Wish I had three arms so I could put third thumb up for Max's interaction with the audience.
Again - great gig, amazing atmosphere!

Here is Armored Saint's setlist for current tour opening for Queensryche:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/armored-saint/2016/ace-of-spades-sacramento-ca-4bfa7f3e.html

Similar to what they did when I saw them open for Saxon last year. Not a bad set, but a little too safe. Oh well, any chance to see Armored Saint is a blessing. They're playing a headlining show in Milwaukee in two weeks and I'm hoping I can get the night off to go see 'em. The last Armored Saint headlining I gig I saw was 15 years ago.

I bought a ticket for Anthrax in London in February.

Current schedule is:

6/12 Iced Earth + others, Brixton Electric (London)
10/2 Anthrax, Kentish Town Forum (London)
19/2 Firewind, Camden Underworld (London)
2/3 Kreator/Sepultura, Kentish Town Forum (London)
6/5 Iron Maiden, 3Arena (Dublin)
16/5 Iron Maiden, Hydro Arena (Glasgow)
21/5 Iron Maiden, Barclycard Arena (Birmingham)
27/5 Iron Maiden, O2 Arena (London)
10-13/9 Bloodstock Festival (possibly)

Sabaton tickets booked for Manchester in January! And two seconds after I complete the order, Ghost announce a UK tour. Good thing my wages were substantial this month.

My current schedule:

27/11/16 - Gojira/Volbeat/Alter Bridge - Genting Arena, Birmingham
15/12/16 - Frank Turner - Rock City, Nottingham
13/01/17 - Sabaton - O2 Apollo, Manchester
22/01/17 - Black Sabbath - Manchester Arena
13/03/17 - Devin Townsend - Manchester Academy
(TBC) 01/04/17 - Ghost - O2 Academy, Birmingham
21/04/17 - Chris De Burgh - Barbican Theatre, York
21/05/17 - Iron Maiden - Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
(TBC) 30/06/17 - Phil Collins - Hyde Park, London

Last edited:
I've got tix for the Manchester Sabaton show, but it all hangs on what happens if I get a job before then. Venue is kind of in an industrial area outside the city centre and not great to get to/from. The pub next door is full of band memorabilia.

Last night was fun! Gojira and Volbeat definitely were the highlights of the gig for me. Alter Bridge just didn't do anything for me, I can't really say I was impressed to be quite honest. Their sound was far too bass heavy and Myles' vocals were buried way too far in the mix, and as somebody who doesn't know their songs, it was difficult to know what was being played.

But all in all a good night, and I did end up on stage with Volbeat!

15219490_10210062770757983_5497587431849718163_n.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Poulsen just invited people from the audience up on stage during a song. Seeing as though I was at the barrier, it was an opportunity I couldn't miss!

Life's so unfair... People who don't care for AB end up at the barrier and I have to live with row 2.5 :(.

Back