The Concert Thread

Last night saw Yes open for Deep Purple and both bands really rocked!
Yes played for over 1 hour and played my 3 favorites (Yours is No Disgrace, Siberian Khatru, & Starship Trooper)!
Deep Purple played 2 deep cuts in a row from In Rock!
New guitarist Simon McBride really blew us away!
Only complaint is DP played so many songs off New lp (which is great) that they skipped Perfect Strangers?!?!?

Glad you had a great time.

Deep Purple have not been playing Perfect Strangers lately (according to setlist.fm, it has only been played twice this year). It is a rare thing, but not unheard of: when I saw them back in 2009 in London, the song off that album they played was Wasted Sunsets.

Saw one of the best shows I've seen in years last night: Sammy Hagar all star band with Loverboy opening!

Van Halen, Sammy solo, Montrose, Chickenfoot, Satriani - was basically Sammy's history!

Loverboy sounded great (even though Mike Reno looks like Vince Neil 2024)

Saw Candlemass, Jerry Cantrell, and Bush last night at a great 90s rock show!
Every band rocked!
Seeing Bush play Greedy Fly was worth the price of admission alone!

Sabaton and Judas Priest last night.

Sabaton was fine, playing a lot of the more modern (worse) content, but you could tell they aren't loving being the opening act. That said, Judas Priest blew them off the stage. Barely felt like the same band from the last time I saw them in 2018. Rob was excellent, his voice held out through the midpoint of the concert and his falsetto held through Painkiller, and he was still fine after. Last time I saw them Andy was almost shy on stage, this time he took most of Glenn's old leads and acted like a rock star. It was a great show, one of the better I've seen.

Saw 3 Doors Down open for Creed.
Amazing!
Wouldn't mind seeing 3 Doors Down headline in the future. Was our 1st time seeing them.
Both bands were great and well received by the audience.
With Arms Wide Open and One Last Breath had EVERY audience member singing along!
My family very much enjoyed the show.
Creed had great light show with Pyro and video screens behind them used well.
Scott and Mark really seemed to enjoy themselves.
Well worth the 10 months since I bought the tix and 12 years since their last tour!

Attachments

• 20240914_211904.jpg
    20240914_211904.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Sabaton and Judas Priest last night.

Sabaton was fine, playing a lot of the more modern (worse) content, but you could tell they aren't loving being the opening act. That said, Judas Priest blew them off the stage. Barely felt like the same band from the last time I saw them in 2018. Rob was excellent, his voice held out through the midpoint of the concert and his falsetto held through Painkiller, and he was still fine after. Last time I saw them Andy was almost shy on stage, this time he took most of Glenn's old leads and acted like a rock star. It was a great show, one of the better I've seen.
I'm so glad they've pushed Andy further on stage. They were keeping him in the background when I saw them earlier this year. Even his spotlight was dimmer than everyone else's. There was no Glenn appearance at that show, either, so even less reason to do this.

A big part of Priest is flaunting TWO guitarists, so let's keep that, please. Even if this is the Rob n Ritchie show...

Back