Saw Nita Strauss open for Mammoth WVH last night and far exceeded expectations!
Wolfe was very surprised the house was packed!
His material was so much heavier live!

Of course, Nita was bad ass!

Great tour

Reactions: Yax
A couple of reviews:

Saw The Cult last month, the gig was advertised as Death Cult, so the set was mainly culled from that EP and Dreamtime with 3 tracks from Love being the most recent. Great show, I hadn't heard the Death Cult EP or Dreamtime before so I bought them in the run up to do my homework and I was glad I did.

Saw MSG last night, it should have been on Friday night but the venue didn't open as it was located right where the riots had occurred in Dublin on thursday night. They moved the show to a different venue on the Sunday, which was lucky they were able to squeeze the date in. I don't have any MSG stuff so it was a good thing for me the set was fleshed out with all the big UFO hits. The front of house sound went down for 3 songs in the middle of the gig which was a bit shit, especially as two of them where Natural Thing and Armed and Ready, but otherwise a great show.

Seeing The Darkness on Sunday.

A couple of reviews:

Saw The Cult last month, the gig was advertised as Death Cult, so the set was mainly culled from that EP and Dreamtime with 3 tracks from Love being the most recent. Great show, I hadn't heard the Death Cult EP or Dreamtime before so I bought them in the run up to do my homework and I was glad I did.

Saw MSG last night, it should have been on Friday night but the venue didn't open as it was located right where the riots had occurred in Dublin on thursday night. They moved the show to a different venue on the Sunday, which was lucky they were able to squeeze the date in. I don't have any MSG stuff so it was a good thing for me the set was fleshed out with all the big UFO hits. The front of house sound went down for 3 songs in the middle of the gig which was a bit shit, especially as two of them where Natural Thing and Armed and Ready, but otherwise a great show.

Great selection of bands there, mate!

Saw Geoff Tate this past Tuesday. Terrific venue with L'Acoustic K2 line arrays, plus X12 fills. The PA couldn't get better (although the acoustics could, which is why they've recently put up fabric on the top walls, as they are quite tall). They did Mindcrime in its entirety plus an additional 5 or so songs. The band was really good. They've been Tate's backing band for three or so years now (although the stage left guitarist was just replaced after he left for a different band), and they've certainly improved to the point where it's more than sufficient. They play the solos pretty much note for note and are at this point rather tight as well. Geoff himself is singing very well these days, especially given his age and the fact that he relies on a compressed, twangy head voice, which is a rather delicate thing, and it shows on stage that Geoff is happy with the way things are now. He is going for notes he's often been shying away from for years and years, and he generally puts in a lot more effort than he generally did with QR his final 10 years, when he clearly was unhappy.

I rate this gig a solid 10/10. One of the best gigs I've seen, although I'm partial since Mindcrime is my favorite album by any artist, and I've been longing to see this live for at least a good 10 years.

He is going for notes he's often been shying away from for years and years, and he generally puts in a lot more effort than he generally did with QR his final 10 years, when he clearly was unhappy.
Gotta believe that his seeing Toddsrÿche play some of this older stuff and doing justice to it gave him the kick in the pants he needed to step up his game again.

I still think the Queensrÿche breakup was a great example of a musical divorce that benefited all parties in the end, at least creatively.

Saw Kiss last night at the Allstate Arena, the venue that Maiden's playing next year. Visually stunning show, but I kept going back to Bruce's line from earlier in the year of "Hmmm, that's weird how you just sang that while your mouth wasn't moving." Utter dump of an arena, no clue why it's being used for rock concerts again.

Saw Kiss last night at the Allstate Arena, the venue that Maiden's playing next year. Utter dump of an arena, no clue why it's being used for rock concerts again.
Yeah, I’m really confused why they’re playing Allstate instead of United Center this time (I assume it has to do with sports). I have no love for United Center, but it’s been updated nicely and in an area with multiple drinking and dining options nearby. Allstate Arena is just an old dump in a wasteland of parking lots and hotels.

Allstate's convenient for me because I live four miles away and can use a family friend's driveway across the train tracks for parking, but, I hadn't been in there for at least 15 years and the place is just a relic.

Good show, I think it was pretty much only songs from the first album and it's associated singles and bsides. I don't have any of the singles so can't be certain, but taking a quick look at wiki and setlist.fm the only track that doesn't appear to be from that era was the Radiohead cover.

Highpoint was introducing Christmas Time by leading the crowd in a singalong of Faiytale of New York, pretty poignant with Shane having died during the week.

Good show, I think it was pretty much only songs from the first album and it's associated singles and bsides. I don't have any of the singles so can't be certain, but taking a quick look at wiki and setlist.fm the only track that doesn't appear to be from that era was the Radiohead cover.

Highpoint was introducing Christmas Time by leading the crowd in a singalong of Faiytale of New York, pretty poignant with Shane having died during the week.

Sounds like a great night out! Shame they are not playing in Guildford on this tour.

Last night saw Burning Witches open for The Iron Maidens in Houston.
WOW!

1st was a local rock band named Rozy that were very good! Singer and drummer are sisters.

BW owned that crowd! Hell of a performance!
The bassist Jeanine and 1 of the guitarists worked the merch table so got to speak to the bassist a bit.
She told me this was the first Texas show ever!
Singer hung around a bit before the set also.

Audience thinned a little after BW were through but still a good amount stayed for IM.
What an amazing setlist and they play the songs VERY well.
Seeing Killers, Remember Tomorrow, Sea of Madness, & Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner live was amazing!
BTW, I am in LOVE with the guitarist who plays H's solos! Damn she's cute!

What an amazing setlist and they play the songs VERY well.
Seeing Killers, Remember Tomorrow, Sea of Madness, & Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner live was amazing!
BTW, I am in LOVE with the guitarist who plays H's solos! Damn she's cute!
TIMs are awesome. Curious who the new guitarist is, as I know the former Adriana Smith (Courtney, I think?) just left.

They’re very smart with their setlists, too = playing Sea and Loneliness to a room of people who are no doubt going to see the Future Past tour.

My 31st and final gig of 2023 was courtesy of Tom Jones on Sunday night. A mate and I went along for a bit of a laugh, but we were both gobsmacked at how good he was. 83 years old, belting out banger after banger for two hours straight without a break. Put Sleep Token the night before to shame.

1702988086638.png

Back