"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got all three physical versions....
Oh yeah!!!!!
Have listened to IESF and blown away.
Great start, loving the intro and it is soooooooo heavy!!!

Picked up all 3 versions, vinyl and special cd are stunning. Have the kettle boiling and about to push play.

The guy in the records store said the first thing they sold that morning when they opened up was The Book of Souls.

The vinyl arrived yesterday, gf just informed me that the CD came today. Unfortunate, because I really needed the CD yesterday as I am not at home today and will be driving around a LOT.
Fortunely, the internet helped me out so I have the mp3s on an USB stick in my car to tide me over until I transfer the files from the CD. Only listened to IESF on my way to work (so apparently my current commute is exactly 1 IESF long).

Can't wait to put the vinyl into my old 80s Technics stereo system!

After week of playing this album over and over I can see some problems BUT this is still their strongest post-reunion album and one of my top 3.

listened to the first disc so far. good stuff, not a big fan of "the red and the black", similar to for the greater good of god in that it's just a standard harris track, unlike the great when the wild wind blows. No gripes with the rest of the tracks. Janick has the best guitar tone he ever had on an album.

The Great Unknown stood out most on the first listen, possibly because I haven't seen a lot of people praising it.

Not really sure what I think after 1 listen... Tears of a Clown and Empire of the Clouds really stood out though. The last third of The Red and the Black was pretty beasting. We'll see how things sit after another few listens!

Btw, at the store (called FNAC, a really big european store) there were literally lines of people to get the album, it was really something to be seen. I asked the lady who gave me my pre-ordered BOS if it was selling well and she said it was almost the only thing they were selling since the doors opened 2 hours earlier :D

I predict that Maiden may well have a number one album at least here in Portugal with this one.

Also, as i was walking to the store, i saw some people in the street walking by as well with The Book Of Souls, it was incredible. Especially considering how low CD's are selling...

And we were all smiling at each other in the store with excitement for finaly having the new album in our hands. It was a really really cool vibe!

I'm listening to my lossless rip now. Wow! What a great sound. I can hear all three guitars and Bruce sounds much better than he did on the leak. Still, my impression of the music is the same - the music shone, but now I can really get into the detail and meat.

This is a fucking masterpiece. Not a song I don't like, and at least five I love.

Thank God i pre-ordered the album but opted to get it at the store, it was such a great experience to see so many Maiden fans together at the same place for the exact same reason :cool:

It's great. I'm happy that after all these years they can pull off album like that. I don't know how they did this but it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back