"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been glad if they at least developed it somehow. But it's too simple: "metal sludge, metal sludge... sludge bye"
The fact that the chorus isn't a typical soaring operatic one a la CSIT or something is ok. Do you want all Maiden songs to sound the same? I think it fits well with the song. There are other Maiden tunes with more of a "spoken word" or lower register chorus also.

Just a couple of hours to go now.
Really hyped now.
Have been really pleased with the reaction from most of the Maiden fans on here so going to be a special day.:)

I think that in case someone wants to buy the CD - where I live- it is going to be available by the end of next week

Well, my shop took my money but they still don't know if they will have deluxe edition. It was preorder and it's one of biggest online shops in my country. :facepalm:

Since my vinyl and CD won't come til Tuesday I had to download the booklet for the official lyrics and just spent the last hour or so copying them over to the Genius lyric site, where you can annotate lyrics if you so wish. And I just copied them all over to the BoS commentary forum. Hope that's okay.

Well I've played the leak endlessly since Saturday and the deluxe version didn't arrive by post today so I drove to the music store and purchased the standard CD edition for the lyrics and art and received a parking fine in the process. So all up the release is costing $166. Well worth it I say!!

The album is colossal and I love how The River Runs Deep contains some allegorical lyrics that ever so slightly relate to Adrian's favourite pastime...fishing. Cool.

Time to start pushing people to other threads. This one closes tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. Over 7,000 replies! It's been a fantastic way to get psyched up for The Book Of Souls.

And a big thanks to TRAVIS for the daily countdown. You're a legend!!

Is there anyone else here who has problems with the BOS album. I have listened to it over and over again but I can't get into it and I think the production, guitar solos, drums and bruce's voice sounds horrible.

Is there anyone else here who has problems with the BOS album. I have listened to it over and over again but I can't get into it and I think the production, guitar solos, drums and bruce's voice sounds horrible.
Go buy a new CD player, cause clearly, yours is broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back