"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spoilers below is about the Loudwire interview and IESF
The song is in Drop D tuning, and the first Maiden song in a tuning other than E. It was pretty interesting to hear how Dave and Janick viewed a different tuning, Adrian seemed to like it.

This guy seems so certain that it's "Nicopolis" that he elaborates with a whole paragraph about it. I too thought Bruce said Nicopolis first but it doesn't make sense. Necropolis it must be. This guy must have reviewed the leak. Could someone please confirm what the lyrics say in the booklet?

Necropolis makes waaay more sense as he says "my name is Necropolis, i am formed of the dead". Necropolis means City of the Dead and is used as a synonym for a large cemetery (literally a place formed from the dead)

Necropolis makes waaay more sense as he says "my name is Necropolis, i am formed of the dead". Necropolis means City of the Dead and is used as a synonym for a large cemetery (literally a place formed from the dead)
if you are talking about the spoken words at the end of IESF, i thought it was Nicodemus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necropolis

BTW are you guys using VLC player for the FLAC files?
I convert FLAC to ALAC for my iPod.

Also, looks like I get to be jealous of some of you for the next few days:
md3GI6M.jpg

Yes, of course. It's all clear as water. But I find it funny how he twice refers to something that he clearly misheard, and even tries to make a point with that misunderstanding as a sole base.

Yes, of course. It's all clear as water. But I find it funny how he twice refers to something that he clearly misheard, and even tries to make a point with that misunderstanding as a sole base.
I bet he's one of those guy who, even after the official lyrics are released he'll say "Nope, it's definitely Nicopolis" so he doesn't look like an idiot in a professional review

So sad to see people already listening to leaked copies of this album. Whether or not you intend buying it as well is irrelevant, your lack of patience still contributes to what is blatant piracy and encourages it all the more.

So sad to see people already listening to leaked copies of this album. Whether or not you intend buying it as well is irrelevant, your lack of patience still contributes to what is blatant piracy and encourages it all the more.

I think most of the people on this forum at least will be getting the physical format/s.
That is their justification for listening to the leak.
I can see both sides of the argument however I will be waiting until tomorrow as I'm a bit is fashioned and I have always done that with Maiden releases.

I don't get your point. I've already got what matters: the music. And I could easily get the lyrics within a few days. But there's a huge difference between me (most of us actually) and a bootlegger : I'm (we are) going to buy the record (often in several formats). So this downloading is just the pleasure to listen to the music as soon as possible. We won't steal anything away from the band and the record label. So (though I understand the last part of your statement), that makes a huge difference: should everybody do like us, there would not be a "record industry crisis".

I don't get your point. I've already got what matters: the music. And I could easily get the lyrics within a few days. But there's a huge difference between me (most of us actually) and a bootlegger : I'm (we are) going to buy the record (often in several formats). So this downloading is just the pleasure to listen to the music as soon as possible. We won't steal anything away from the band and the record label. So (though I understand the last part of your statement), that makes a huge difference: should everybody do like us, there would not be a "record industry crisis".

This. Downloaded the album, will be buying both the regular and deluxe edition. Might even get the vinyl as well.
How am I contributing to piracy?

Regarding Empire of the Clouds:

I saw this in an interview about the song:
'Listen closely and you will find a clever “Easter egg” moment in the multidimensional piece. Think Morse code.'

Has anyone noticed this? My dad was in the RAF and was a telegraphist so knows all about morse code, maybe I should force him to listen!

Regarding Empire of the Clouds:

I saw this in an interview about the song:
'Listen closely and you will find a clever “Easter egg” moment in the multidimensional piece. Think Morse code.'

Has anyone noticed this? My dad was in the RAF and was a telegraphist so knows all about morse code, maybe I should force him to listen!

Someone pointed it out in the chatroom the other day - otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back